Space Cowboy

Default Dong Ding and Green Jade Pouchong

Taiwan Green Jade Pouchong is one of my favorite teas which I've been
buying at my local tea shoppe for several years. For comparison I
recently ordered some from Taiwan directly which is the first crop this
year. It arrived from Nantou, the county of origin, and sailed through
customs with no FDA PNSI authorization. It compared in taste what I
buy locally and with two commercial brands of jade pouchong. I
discovered that Nantou is also the home of Dong Ding mountain. I
compared the imported tea with several commercial brands of Dong Ding
and I don't think there is much difference in taste. So now I wonder
if Green Jade Pouchong is Dong Ding tea by another name.

Jim