CHRIS MCLOUGHLIN

Default going to china

I have a family member going to china for a little over a month, mainly
shanghi, and beijing. What should I have her bring back? as in tea?

Hi Chris,
been there a few times and shipped 10s of kilos back home. There are so
many excellent teas (and not so nice teas) available, it=B4s simply
overwhelming. I mainly stocked up on aged Pu-Erh, Oolongs and high
quality green teas. Other nice souvenirs would be Gong-Fu pots (Yxing)
and all kinds of paraphernalia.
One thing: most shops (99%) I found in SouthWest China feature a
Gong-Fu table and you can have your tea of choice prepared for you.
However on more than one occasion I found that the seller tried to rip
me off, e.g. selling me a different, prob. cheaper tea than the nice
one I sampled. In another shop the shop owner exchanged samples below
the table. After all I would stay clear of tea shops in touristy areas.

If you have any further questions feel free to PM me @: psyflake ...
AT ... yahoo.com

Cheers,
Karsten=20

it=B4s quite common to

Mydnight

Also, you can email me pictures of the things that you think they want
to buy and I can tell you an approximate price. Be careful in the tea
shops that are on the main roads and in the more popular areas of the
towns...they are the really big rip-off places.

Stay away from TianFu in Shanghai in Beijing if at all
possible...although they have some nice tea stuff (pots, etc), they are
sold for probably 2 or 3 times what they would sell at any small shop.

Depending on what time they go, tell them to look for some new
teas...it's around first pick time for Tie Guan Yin and Pu'er now!

CHRIS MCLOUGHLIN

Thanks, She is going in June, I might just leave it up to her to pick stuff
out, as im not an authority on tea either.
--chris
"Mydnight" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Also, you can email me pictures of the things that you think they want
> to buy and I can tell you an approximate price. Be careful in the tea
> shops that are on the main roads and in the more popular areas of the
> towns...they are the really big rip-off places.
>
> Stay away from TianFu in Shanghai in Beijing if at all
> possible...although they have some nice tea stuff (pots, etc), they are
> sold for probably 2 or 3 times what they would sell at any small shop.
>

> Depending on what time they go, tell them to look for some new
> teas...it's around first pick time for Tie Guan Yin and Pu'er now!

without doubt, China has great food to eat, has great kungfu tolearn.....how do you know China? I will tell you more about China [email protected] General Cooking 0 11-04-2008 08:54 AM
CHINA AND PESTICIDES - CHINA DAILY 19/09/07 Shen[_2_] Tea 2 19-09-2007 04:07 PM
china tea maylin Cooking Equipment 0 12-03-2006 04:18 PM
china box zack Cooking Equipment 1 30-12-2005 02:32 PM