Space Cowboy

Default Caffeine weight

I just realized I have to guess at the amount of caffeine in a gram of
tea. If there is an answer I don't know it. I think it would be a
constant across the oxidation styles so the caffeine in a gram of
Silver Needle would be in the ballpark of puerh making the caffeine in
a cup a matter of brewing times and not leaf weight. This all started
when my wife read that coffee has 200mg of caffeine in three cups of
coffee which I assumed were 6oz each. I was drinking a mug of oolong
at the time and I could approximate the gram weight to make the the tea
but no clue to the caffeine level. My guess is 20mg of caffeine per
gram of tea. I derived that from the fact I would make a 6oz cup with
2 grams of tea for a total of 6 grams for the three cups or 120ml
caffeine which would be about half the given amount of coffee. What
numbers have you seen for caffeine weight versus tea weight?

Jim

Natural weight loss tactics to lose weight forever and never gain itback. All the weight-loss secrets! mada General Cooking 0 18-08-2010 03:31 PM
Tea and caffeine LurfysMa Tea 10 17-04-2007 08:36 PM
Caffeine Rob Tea 2 11-05-2006 01:27 AM
Caffeine weight Space Cowboy Tea 26 30-04-2005 02:21 AM
Caffeine weight Space Cowboy Tea 0 27-03-2005 10:29 PM