Rob

Default Creating your own blends

Has anyone ever created their own blend of tea? I found a recipe in a
book once, that I really liked. I have not made it in a very long
time; I'll have to mix up another batch soon. It was:

100g English Breakfast
50g Darjeeling
25g Earl Grey

Any brand you like can be used. I like making it with Twinings or
Jacksons.

Rob

elgoog

I am still new to the world of teas, but I was just wondering about
experimenting not with blends, but with flavors.

Surely, there must be a book out there that has tea recipes for maybe
making your own with say hibiscus, hawthorn and maybe some berry or
zest or something?

Bluesea

"elgoog" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I am still new to the world of teas, but I was just wondering about
> experimenting not with blends, but with flavors.
>
> Surely, there must be a book out there that has tea recipes for maybe
> making your own with say hibiscus, hawthorn and maybe some berry or
> zest or something?

Have you asked Google to be your friend?

If you're interested in spices, juices, etc., you might want to take a look
around silkroadtea.com for starters.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Bluesea

"elgoog" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I am still new to the world of teas, but I was just wondering about
> experimenting not with blends, but with flavors.
>
> Surely, there must be a book out there that has tea recipes for maybe
> making your own with say hibiscus, hawthorn and maybe some berry or
> zest or something?

Have you asked Google to be your friend?

If you're interested in spices, juices, etc., you might want to take a look
around silkroadtea.com for starters.

--
~~Bluesea~~

elgoog

> Have you asked Google to be your friend?

no (he says quietly, hanging his head in shame). Well, it looks like
there are only about a million out there (after looking).

er... thanks for the tip on silkroad.

Bluesea

"elgoog" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I am still new to the world of teas, but I was just wondering about
> experimenting not with blends, but with flavors.
>
> Surely, there must be a book out there that has tea recipes for maybe
> making your own with say hibiscus, hawthorn and maybe some berry or
> zest or something?

I just remembered that there was a discussion/recipe for flavoring tea with
a tangerine or orange back in '02. Author's name was Peter [something], if
you want to google this group for it.

--
~~Bluesea~~