Serendip

>>> I think it was either the 16th or 17th, and when I was connected
>>> earlier, the front page said something like, "Congratulations! This
>>> means you have found us at our new server..." which made me think it had
>>> happened. The pages were loading lightening fast at first, so I think
>>> they did change servers, only not well. Sniffle.

>> I just tried again and still got an error. Pro'lly hasn't propagated to my
>> neck of the woods, yet. Sometimes, dns changes take a couple or more days to
>> get around the 'net so, will simply have to try again, later.

> I think Upton *is* blaming me... now my connection is outright refused!

It's back!! And my order went through. YAY! Now if only technology would
*really* work... I placed my order a good 10 minutes ago... why isn't
anything being delivered through my CD tray? It's not doing anything
else at the moment, and those little sample packets should fit. Maybe
not all 21 at once, but certainly one at a time.

Waiting patiently....
CCCarlisle

Let's see... I ordered a sampler of Adagio's darjeeling #2 (which is
Gopaldhara second flush) 9/29/04, 4 oz on 10/3/04, and 2 oz on 12/7/04.
So it has been a couple of months since I have ordered that one.

Right now, I am drinking (among other things) a Gopaldhara First Flush
that I picked up from the Chado Tea Room in Pasadena, CA. So that is
how I'm getting my Gopaldhara fix at the moment. :-)

I'm not sure I understand what you meant by saying the leaf was "dry."
The Gopaldhara leaf is kind of "fluffy" (i.e. less dense, one tsp weighs
less than some of the other darjeelings). Usually, I can't SEE that a
tea is stale, I just notice that it doesn't seem to have much taste when
I brew it.

I really like the Gopaldhara taste. These two Gopaldhara teas that came
from two different vendors across the country from each other and two
different flushes definitely have a common characteristic.

In article >,
"Bluesea" > wrote:
> Do you buy it regularly? If so, it's good to know that the standard stock is
> fresh, but how is one to know that by a stale sample?

Bluesea

"CCCarlisle" > wrote in message
> Let's see... I ordered a sampler of Adagio's darjeeling #2 (which is
> Gopaldhara second flush) 9/29/04, 4 oz on 10/3/04, and 2 oz on 12/7/04.
> So it has been a couple of months since I have ordered that one.

It's recent enough for me. Thanks .

> I'm not sure I understand what you meant by saying the leaf was "dry."

I didn't. That was Douglas. I didn't understand it either, since dry leaf
*is* dry, but it didn't matter to me because he brewed them shortly after
and found them trashable.

I've been reading the bizrate.com reviews for this year and while there are
a few negatives about the teas, most are positive. It appears that Adagio is
that little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead:
when good, very, very good, but when bad, horrid.

--
~~Bluesea~~

> In article >,
> "Bluesea" > wrote:
> > Do you buy it regularly? If so, it's good to know that the standard

stock is
> > fresh, but how is one to know that by a stale sample?

Bluesea

"Serendip" > wrote in message

> It's back!! And my order went through. YAY! Now if only technology would
> *really* work... I placed my order a good 10 minutes ago... why isn't
> anything being delivered through my CD tray? It's not doing anything
> else at the moment, and those little sample packets should fit. Maybe
> not all 21 at once, but certainly one at a time.
>
> Waiting patiently....

ROTFLMHO!

--
~~Bluesea~~

Douglas

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:26:17 GMT, "Bluesea" >
wrote:

>I didn't. That was Douglas. I didn't understand it either, since dry leaf
>*is* dry, but it didn't matter to me because he brewed them shortly after

By dry I meant brittle. Being new perhaps they were susposed to be
like that but I do know in brewing I got almost clear water but the
same teas from Upton were fine.
--
Douglas

Bluesea

"Douglas" <*@*.*> wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:26:17 GMT, "Bluesea" >
> wrote:
>
> >I didn't. That was Douglas. I didn't understand it either, since dry leaf
> >*is* dry, but it didn't matter to me because he brewed them shortly after

> By dry I meant brittle.

Are those from Upton any more or less brittle?

--
~~Bluesea~~

Derek

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:45:44 -0500, Serendip wrote:

> It's back!! And my order went through. YAY! Now if only technology would
> *really* work... I placed my order a good 10 minutes ago... why isn't
> anything being delivered through my CD tray? It's not doing anything
> else at the moment, and those little sample packets should fit. Maybe
> not all 21 at once, but certainly one at a time.

Here's a little something to make use of that CD tray...

http://www.gwinn.us/freegift.exe

(It's virus free, and only 260kb. On my honor as an Eagle Scout.)
--
Derek

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships
is you.
Douglas

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:17:17 GMT, "Bluesea" >
wrote:

>Are those from Upton any more or less brittle?

Actually about the same except I can get tea out of them.
--
Douglas
Douglas

The answer from Adagio Teas was that their tea is as fresh as possible
and that I didn't infused it properly. I infused the English Market
exactly the way I did Uptons and their tea was very clear and Uptons
was dark and good. I was offered a refund if I returned the tea.
Lets see ......... $4 worth of tea and I'd have to pay return postage
and drive to the post office. I already trashed it anyway. Thanks
everyone for all the posts. I learned a lot in the last couple of
days.

..
--
Douglas
Bluesea

"Douglas" <*@*.*> wrote in message
> The answer from Adagio Teas was that their tea is as fresh as possible

Well, that leaves them wide open, IMO.

> and that I didn't infused it properly.

Nope. You done good.

> I infused the English Market
> exactly the way I did Uptons and their tea was very clear and Uptons
> was dark and good. I was offered a refund if I returned the tea.
> Lets see ......... $4 worth of tea and I'd have to pay return postage
> and drive to the post office. I already trashed it anyway. Thanks
> everyone for all the posts. I learned a lot in the last couple of
> days.

Me, too. Thanks for bringing it to our attention in the 1st place and for
the report back on Adagio's response.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Bluesea

"Douglas" <*@*.*> wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:17:17 GMT, "Bluesea" >
> wrote:
>
> >Are those from Upton any more or less brittle?

> Actually about the same except I can get tea out of them.

LOL - and *that* is what matters!

--
~~Bluesea~~

Serendip

On 2/21/2005 2:10 PM, Douglas wrote:
> The answer from Adagio Teas was that their tea is as fresh as possible
> and that I didn't infused it properly. I infused the English Market
> exactly the way I did Uptons and their tea was very clear and Uptons
> was dark and good. I was offered a refund if I returned the tea.
> Lets see ......... $4 worth of tea and I'd have to pay return postage
> and drive to the post office. I already trashed it anyway. Thanks
> everyone for all the posts. I learned a lot in the last couple of
> days.
>
> .

They missed such a great opportunity to send you the tea again (not the
brewer) and end up with a customer for life. That they didn't
automatically do this makes me think that what you received is a true
representative sample of their teas. Bad tea, bad customer service.
Thanks for the education.

On a hopefully better note - do you like the brewer?
Douglas

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:49:17 -0500, Serendip
> wrote:

>On a hopefully better note - do you like the brewer?

It's great. It's so good that I stopped using my teapot. If it wears
out I'll surely buy another, without the samples.
--
Douglas
Serendip

On 2/22/2005 6:34 AM, Douglas wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:49:17 -0500, Serendip
> > wrote:
>
>>On a hopefully better note - do you like the brewer?

> It's great. It's so good that I stopped using my teapot. If it wears
> out I'll surely buy another, without the samples.

Phew! So not a total loss - I'm *very* glad to hear that at least this
is worth it - thanks!