Mike Petro

Default teas across seas-

>Anyone in North America have experience with ordering teas
>directly from China? I recently placed an order with Jing Tea,
>and opted for the China Post as opposed to UPS.
>I'd be interested to hear about others' experience with over-
>seas ordering - tea quality, etc.

I have ordered thousands of dollars worth of tea directly from various
merchant's in China. Sebastien is probably going to be one of the
easier people to do business with as he directly takes all major
credit cards which is unusual for a China based merchant. With many
Chinese vendors you have to wire the money or do a bank transfer.

As a rule the tea I have received has been fresher than here in the US
and often higher quality. He is getting his teas from one of the
biggest tea markets in the world. The competition in these markets is
fierce. You will probably get very good quality tea.

China Post is hit and miss. I have seen it take 3 weeks to get a
package and I have seen it take 2 months to get a package with no real
difference in the size, source, or destination. However I have always
received it, albeit sometimes beat up. I haven't seen one of
Sebastien 's shipments yet but I am told he packages them well.

BTW, I am not affiliated with him in any way.

Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net
remove the "filter" in my email address to reply
pilo_

In article >,
Mike Petro > wrote:

> China Post is hit and miss. I have seen it take 3 weeks

How does it stack up against UPS? Time-wise, etc...

thx-
pilo_

In article >,
Mike Petro > wrote:

> China Post is hit and miss. I have seen it take 3 weeks

How does it stack up against UPS? Time-wise, etc...

thx-
Mike Petro

Don't honestly know, I have never done UPS from China before. It is my
understanding that UPS is 3 days or so, maybe a week.

Mike

>> China Post is hit and miss. I have seen it take 3 weeks

>How does it stack up against UPS? Time-wise, etc...
>
>thx-

Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net
remove the "filter" in my email address to reply
Mike Petro