Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Always cheap enjoyable British Teas

I always enjoy a cuppa of good cheap British teas like Twinnings ever
so often. It is brew and toss. No fusing around with multiple
infusions. Each and every brand stands on its own. Twinnings still
comes in tins. This Tower of Babel language version had Chinese
instructions. It is the first discounted version packed in England
Ive seen since the US plant closed a couple of years ago. Two bucks
for a 100g tin shipped from England with raised seal on lid. Where is
the profit in that. Its says medium flavor strength which wasnt on
the US tins. I enjoy it more than the one made for the American
taste. Its always nice to renew acquaintences with old friends.
Jim

PS Our mega Airport had a coffee shop for many years that served
decent enough tea for International travelers. On a recent visit the
tea side is gone. It was outside the TSA security area so only
travelers arriving locally would see it.