Tea (rec.drink.tea) Discussion relating to tea, the world's second most consumed beverage (after water), made by infusing or boiling the leaves of the tea plant (C. sinensis or close relatives) in water.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default question about shu pu'er processing

Hello,
I am looking into shu pu'er manufacturing and am looking for information
on any chemicals/fungus/bacteria/yeasts that may or may not be added
during the wodui process. Has anyone heard/seen anything about this?



-------------------------------------





##-----------------------------------------------##
Delivered via http://www.drinksforum.com/
Beer and Wine Community
Web, RSS and Twitter access to your favorite newsgroup -
rec.food.drink.tea - 28349 messages and counting!
##-----------------------------------------------##
  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 58
Default question about shu pu'er processing

The special process is piling, and this is fermentation which involves
bacterial and fungal cultures consisting of multiple strains of
Aspergillus., Penicillium., amd yeasts, and others.

lots of info.

http://www.pu-erh.net/
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,231
Default question about shu pu'er processing

The wodui or piling process is a secret by each factory. All we can
say is the fermentation general knowledge.

Jim

On Aug 14, 1:02*am, icetea8 > wrote:
> The special process is piling, and this is fermentation which involves
> bacterial and fungal cultures consisting of multiple strains of
> Aspergillus., Penicillium., amd yeasts, and others.
>
> lots of info.
>
> http://www.pu-erh.net/


  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default question about shu pu'er processing

harmonicminor had written this in response to
http://www.drinksforum.com/tea/Re-qu...ing-29291-.htm
:
Thanks for the help so far. I think I am looking for something that is
rumored, so may or may not truly have an answer.

I know that wodui, or wet piling, is the once-secret step behind the
manufacture of shu pu'er. What I am looking for is, since it is *wet*
piling and manufacturers have admitted to adding water to the leaves or
spraying water/mist on the leaves, are they leaving out the fact that it
may not be just water they are adding? Are they putting something in the
water to encourage bacterial/fungus growth? Like compost on speed...
Can anyone confirm something is added or confirm that nothing is added?
Anyone seen this wodui/wet piling in action?





-------------------------------------





##-----------------------------------------------##
Delivered via http://www.drinksforum.com/
Beer and Wine Community
Web, RSS and Twitter access to your favorite newsgroup -
rec.food.drink.tea - 28360 messages and counting!
##-----------------------------------------------##
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,231
Default question about shu pu'er processing

AFAIK nothing is added. What you see are the various environmental
conditions from concrete factory floor to dirt forest floor. However
there are catalyst secrets in which something could be added. Ive
seen Chinese videos and pictures of the process. During college I
worked in a canning factory. When we processed corn the silage stack
for the corn husk would naturally ferment. This was sold back to
local farmers for feed.

Jim

On Aug 15, 2:47*am,
(harmonicminor) wrote:
> harmonicminor had written this in response tohttp://www.drinksforum.com/tea/Re-question-about-shu-pu-er-processing...
> *:
> Thanks for the help so far. I think I am looking for something that is
> rumored, so may or may not truly have an answer.
>
> I know that wodui, or wet piling, is the once-secret step behind the
> manufacture of shu pu'er. What I am looking for is, since it is *wet*
> piling and manufacturers have admitted to adding water to the leaves or
> spraying water/mist on the leaves, are they leaving out the fact that it
> may not be just water they are adding? Are they putting something in the
> water to encourage bacterial/fungus growth? Like compost on speed...
> Can anyone confirm something is added or confirm that nothing is added?
> Anyone seen this wodui/wet piling in action?
>
> -------------------------------------
>
> ##-----------------------------------------------##
> Delivered via *http://www.drinksforum.com/
> Beer and Wine Community
> Web, RSS and Twitter access to your favorite newsgroup -
> rec.food.drink.tea - 28360 messages and counting!
> ##-----------------------------------------------##



  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14
Default question about shu pu'er processing

On Aug 11, 1:33*am,
(harmonicminor) wrote:
> Hello,
> I am looking into shu pu'er manufacturing and am looking for information
> on any chemicals/fungus/bacteria/yeasts that may or may not be added
> during the wodui process. Has anyone heard/seen anything about this?
>
> -------------------------------------
>
> ##-----------------------------------------------##
> Delivered via *http://www.drinksforum.com/
> Beer and Wine Community
> Web, RSS and Twitter access to your favorite newsgroup -
> rec.food.drink.tea - 28349 messages and counting!
> ##-----------------------------------------------##


Look into the natural biota that occurs at the beginning of the
composting process. If you pile damp organic material it will heat
because of the micro organisms present.
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
question bwb processing time for tomatoes [email protected] Preserving 8 20-08-2007 02:01 PM
Question re tomato processing time connieconnie Preserving 0 10-09-2006 11:15 PM
BWB Processing question blah Preserving 2 11-08-2004 02:01 PM
Hot water bath processing question soTWEEDLEjourn Preserving 17 02-07-2004 02:36 PM
question (first timer) about processing my pickled peppers martin rogers Preserving 4 15-10-2003 03:36 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2024 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"