the robot

Default Cloth tea pouches?

When I ordered some tea at a cafe recently, rather than place the
loose tea in a tea ball or basket, they placed the leaves in a
rectangular cloth-like pouch. The bottom of the pouch with the tea
steeped in the mug, but the pouch was long enough such that the top
hung out over the top of the mug, allowing me to easily remove it, and
with no tea ball to clean-up. The pouches look like something that
must come in bulk, and are meant to be thrown away after use, rather
than cleaned and recycled.

Does anyone know where I can purchase these type of pouches?

-bruce
Derek

On 25 Oct 2004 06:16:51 -0700, the robot wrote:

> When I ordered some tea at a cafe recently, rather than place the
> loose tea in a tea ball or basket, they placed the leaves in a
> rectangular cloth-like pouch. The bottom of the pouch with the tea
> steeped in the mug, but the pouch was long enough such that the top
> hung out over the top of the mug, allowing me to easily remove it, and
> with no tea ball to clean-up. The pouches look like something that
> must come in bulk, and are meant to be thrown away after use, rather
> than cleaned and recycled.
>
> Does anyone know where I can purchase these type of pouches?
>
> -bruce

That depends upon what you want.

If you want to reuse them, try Googling for "reusable tea bags." You'll
find a number of providers of fabric bags.

If you're looking for paper pouches that you can fill and dispose of, I
know that Teeli in Germany makes some. Try Googling for "Teeli paper tea
bags" or "empty paper tea bags."

Also, consider your local natural foods (granola and nuts) grocery store.
Ours has them both in the tea section...or were they with the spices?

--
Derek

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everybody else.
Joanne Rosen

also called "t" sacs-or
www.finum.com
i buy mine at whole foods but there are also places on web to find them-
www.upton.com
www.specialteas.com
Joanne

"Derek" > wrote in message ...
> On 25 Oct 2004 06:16:51 -0700, the robot wrote:
>
>> When I ordered some tea at a cafe recently, rather than place the
>> loose tea in a tea ball or basket, they placed the leaves in a
>> rectangular cloth-like pouch. The bottom of the pouch with the tea
>> steeped in the mug, but the pouch was long enough such that the top
>> hung out over the top of the mug, allowing me to easily remove it, and
>> with no tea ball to clean-up. The pouches look like something that
>> must come in bulk, and are meant to be thrown away after use, rather
>> than cleaned and recycled.
>>
>> Does anyone know where I can purchase these type of pouches?
>>
>> -bruce

> That depends upon what you want.
>
> If you want to reuse them, try Googling for "reusable tea bags." You'll
> find a number of providers of fabric bags.
>
> If you're looking for paper pouches that you can fill and dispose of, I
> know that Teeli in Germany makes some. Try Googling for "Teeli paper tea
> bags" or "empty paper tea bags."
>
> Also, consider your local natural foods (granola and nuts) grocery store.
> Ours has them both in the tea section...or were they with the spices?
>
> --
> Derek
>
> Always remember that you are unique. Just like everybody else.

Joanne Rosen

"Derek" > wrote in message ...
> On 25 Oct 2004 06:16:51 -0700, the robot wrote:
>
>> When I ordered some tea at a cafe recently, rather than place the
>> loose tea in a tea ball or basket, they placed the leaves in a
>> rectangular cloth-like pouch. The bottom of the pouch with the tea
>> steeped in the mug, but the pouch was long enough such that the top
>> hung out over the top of the mug, allowing me to easily remove it, and
>> with no tea ball to clean-up. The pouches look like something that
>> must come in bulk, and are meant to be thrown away after use, rather
>> than cleaned and recycled.
>>
>> Does anyone know where I can purchase these type of pouches?
>>
>> -bruce

> That depends upon what you want.
>
> If you want to reuse them, try Googling for "reusable tea bags." You'll
> find a number of providers of fabric bags.
>
> If you're looking for paper pouches that you can fill and dispose of, I
> know that Teeli in Germany makes some. Try Googling for "Teeli paper tea
> bags" or "empty paper tea bags."
>
> Also, consider your local natural foods (granola and nuts) grocery store.
> Ours has them both in the tea section...or were they with the spices?
>
> --
> Derek
>
> Always remember that you are unique. Just like everybody else.

Foil Pouches Shakoflex Pack General Cooking 0 11-05-2012 07:00 AM
Charcoal vs Terry Cloth Bees Barbecue 1 24-02-2012 11:42 AM
Dish Cloth Billy[_3_] General Cooking 83 03-08-2008 12:32 AM
Cloth salami casings zxcvbob Preserving 4 04-04-2006 01:04 AM
Knife pouches Fred General Cooking 39 14-10-2005 05:42 PM