Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default A tea master’s answer

One time I got a chance to ask a tea master some tea questions and one
of questions was what the most popular question people love to ask he
is. He replied me with a deep smile and said most people will ask him
what the best tea is. Truly, it is a big mystery to a lot of people
because we are looking for high-graded and best tasty tea all the
time. I continually dipped this question so I ask back what your
answer is, Master? He smiled back again but even bigger and wider like
a kid just had a candy and told me slowly: well, if you have enough
tea, you will know what best tea is.

Tea just likes movie. They are many different kinds such like comedy,
historical and crime and so on. Different movies target different
audiences. Your choice of watching movies may be depended on different
moods or hanging out with different friends. Of course you can enjoy
Harry Porter and also love the godfather series at the same time. You
can realize easily most time the No.1 movie in box office doesn’t
means this movie will get the most Oscar awards.

In the similar situation to tea, open your mind to try all the kinds
of teas from the cheap one to the gourmet one. Once you experience
certain amount of tea, you will find out what your preference is. In
Oolong tea, you may figure out even if everyone said Da Yu Lin is the
nonpareil. However, to you, you can’t help but enjoy the aroma from
red water oolong most. Does it mean red water oolong is not a good
tea?

My face was showing the question mark with what enough tea means when
the tea master replied me. He saw I try to open my month to ask the
next question. Then he stopped me and ask me: there is no enough
answer to you, isn’t it? Why don’t you have any other cup of tea and
let tea itself to answer you.

He smiled again and said I don’t have enough yet.

http://tearoma.wordpress.com/2010/10...asters-answer/
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> most people will ask him what the best tea is

I don't recall where I read it and to whom it refered,
but I once read an answer from another master saying
that the best tea is the next one he will drink.

I like this wise answer. Each cup and each tea
session are a discovery.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Je ne suis ni pour ni contre, bien au contraire ! » (Coluche)

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

The tea master has dejavu from drinking too much coffee.

Jim