Default Green Tea vs Sugar w/ Tea

I like drinking green/black/red teas.

They suit themselves to my dinner hour mode; enjoy the flavour, muse on
the subtleties, rinse the palate for another go at the various dishes
lay out on the table.

On the other hand I also like drinking sweetened tea; enjoy the flavour,
enjoy the sweetness, 'comfort food' style warmth pick me up, genesis for
Iced Tea.

Of course Oolong and other Asian (Oriental?) teas lend themselves to the
former, but British/Indian style tea deserve a place on the shelf along
with them.

Still, as I have gotten older I have cut back on putting sugar in
everything- I used to sweeten tea at the Chinese restaurant as a child
but that didn't last past about Five or Six years old.

There are some herbal concoctions that seem to not be 'finished' until a
little sweetener is added, and I doubt I'll ever add milk/cream to tea
but as I sit here and type I am waiting for some Twinnings Lady Grey to
finish steeping, in a mason jar (for it's volume) and you know I put
some sugar in there too.

TBerk

Space Cowboy

I've been experimenting with adding dry flowers. Rose bud (not hips)
is a wonderful natural sweetener. My local tea shoppe sells some
great tisane mixtures with other herbal sweeteners such as dry
berries. One is called Asian Quince which is dried oriental apple
blossoms. The Asian markets have other herbal sweeteners. I can't
drink from gongfu cups because those tiny English bone China teacups
taught me to use clotted cream.

Jim

T > wrote in message om>...
> I like drinking green/black/red teas.
>
> They suit themselves to my dinner hour mode; enjoy the flavour, muse on
> the subtleties, rinse the palate for another go at the various dishes
> lay out on the table.
>
> On the other hand I also like drinking sweetened tea; enjoy the flavour,
> enjoy the sweetness, 'comfort food' style warmth pick me up, genesis for
> Iced Tea.
>
> Of course Oolong and other Asian (Oriental?) teas lend themselves to the
> former, but British/Indian style tea deserve a place on the shelf along
> with them.
>
> Still, as I have gotten older I have cut back on putting sugar in
> everything- I used to sweeten tea at the Chinese restaurant as a child
> but that didn't last past about Five or Six years old.
>
> There are some herbal concoctions that seem to not be 'finished' until a
> little sweetener is added, and I doubt I'll ever add milk/cream to tea
> but as I sit here and type I am waiting for some Twinnings Lady Grey to
> finish steeping, in a mason jar (for it's volume) and you know I put
> some sugar in there too.
>

> TBerk

Space Cowboy

T > wrote in message om>...
> I like drinking green/black/red teas.
>
> They suit themselves to my dinner hour mode; enjoy the flavour, muse on
> the subtleties, rinse the palate for another go at the various dishes
> lay out on the table.
>
> On the other hand I also like drinking sweetened tea; enjoy the flavour,
> enjoy the sweetness, 'comfort food' style warmth pick me up, genesis for
> Iced Tea.
>
> Of course Oolong and other Asian (Oriental?) teas lend themselves to the
> former, but British/Indian style tea deserve a place on the shelf along
> with them.
>
> Still, as I have gotten older I have cut back on putting sugar in
> everything- I used to sweeten tea at the Chinese restaurant as a child
> but that didn't last past about Five or Six years old.
>
> There are some herbal concoctions that seem to not be 'finished' until a
> little sweetener is added, and I doubt I'll ever add milk/cream to tea
> but as I sit here and type I am waiting for some Twinnings Lady Grey to
> finish steeping, in a mason jar (for it's volume) and you know I put
> some sugar in there too.
>

> TBerk

amatouTT

Hello!

> doubt I'll ever add milk/cream to tea
> but as I sit here and type I am waiting for some Twinnings Lady Grey to
> finish steeping, in a mason jar (for it's volume) and you know I put
> some sugar in there too.

Someone once told me that adding sugar to tea while it is brewing
hinders the steeping process. I wasn't sure if you meant that you
added sugar after the steeping or not, but does anyone know if that's
true or not? It seems intuitive to add all sweeteners or cream after
the tea's steeped, but just curious

I too enjoy adding sugar to stronger teas; I like my teas very mild
and thus gravitate towards greens, but have found that a little sugar
can take the edge off the stronger black teas for me.

Tiffany