Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SN SN is offline

Default Theine and decaffeinating

yes, that was originally discussed here by Nigel

Dec 10 2007, 11:53 am
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...0112e36c694777
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

One of my favorite caffeine extraction variables is atmospheric
pressure.

http://www.megaessays.com/viewpaper/88685.html

So you guys at sea level stay awake at nights while I sleep like a
baby on a high plateau next to mountain tops. I expect to come down
from my perch in less than two years and literally return to the sea
level of my youth. I expect a change of taste in tea which I will
describe then.

Jim

PS Similar studies with results are available in Chinese. I was
using the Chinese characters for nitrogen and tea just recently and
coming up with all kinds of lab reports. I see this group quoted all
the time almost verbatim without any reference elsewhere under the
guise of informed opinion.

On May 30, 9:08 pm, SN > wrote:
> yes, that was originally discussed here by Nigel
>
> Dec 10 2007, 11:53 amhttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.food.drink.tea/msg/5b0112e36c694777

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> yes, that was originally discussed here by Nigel
>
> Dec 10 2007, 11:53 am
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...0112e36c694777

OK, thanks for the link.
Does someone have the original article "Tea preparation and its influence
on methylxanthine concentration" by Monique Hicks, Peggy Hsieh and Leonard
Bell which was published in 1996 in Food Research International. Vol 29,
Nos 3-4, pp. 325-330?
I see that it can be purchased on the Internet:
<http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0963-9969(96)00038-5>

Is it worth buying it? Does someone have a copy?

Regarding the second article "Tea and the Rate of Its Infusion", Chemistry
in New Zealand 1981, pp 172-174 by Spiro, I do not manage to find it
on the Internet.
Does someone have it?

Maybe I should ask Nigel... I will send him a mail.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Traversez la rivière en foule, le crocodile ne vous mangera pas. »
(proverbe malgache)