Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default My millenium xiaguan tuocha ten years later to the year and month

Ah the good ole days when sheng was penny/gram.
http://i47.tinypic.com/x1imvk.jpg
I bought a whole slew of these in the early part of the decade. Today
according to TaoBao I am rich. The tuo is about that dark. I
remember when it was bright green. Im going to crack open one of
these this weekend at our monthly puer tasting. Ill follow up with
more pictures of dried and inflused leaves along with tasting
impressions.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Space Cowboy > writes:

> Ah the good ole days when sheng was penny/gram.
> http://i47.tinypic.com/x1imvk.jpg
> I bought a whole slew of these in the early part of the decade. Today
> according to TaoBao I am rich. The tuo is about that dark. I
> remember when it was bright green. Im going to crack open one of
> these this weekend at our monthly puer tasting. Ill follow up with
> more pictures of dried and inflused leaves along with tasting
> impressions.

To be rich is glorious! And you must be over that cold by now.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

The best memory it was the first Chinese tea packaging with a date I
got to decipher. My tisanes again taste like mere tisanes.

Jim

On Jan 8, 10:03 am, Lewis Perin > wrote:
> Space Cowboy > writes:
> > Today according to TaoBao I am rich.

> To be rich is glorious! And you must be over that cold by now.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Just in case anyone cares.
Here is a picture of the millenium Xiaguan tuocha broken apart:
http://i46.tinypic.com/k4d05y.jpg
There is no remaining green color of the leaf. The color is accurate
under the flash. I would describe the texture as dehydrated almost
petrified. The tuo was too brittle to pry which wasnt a problem in
the beginning. I ended up using a nut cracker to break the edge. I
would describe the taste as dried without any sweetness. There was no
harshness which was there initially back when. The infused leaf
showed some signs of red coloration. I didnt taste any notes of shu
if that can be used as an aged reference. Something happened to this
tuo the past ten years in a low humidity climate but I wouldnt
describe it as aging. I can say the taste isnt worth the wait so
far. That was the concensus at the monthly puer tasting. It might
be more noteworthy if you think as I do aging isnt proven. I have a
2001 stoned pressed large leaf Mengku that shows more promise.

Jim