Default When to purchase first flush teas?

Hi,

When is the best time to order first flush teas for the year? When do
the usual vendors have these teas available?

I am especially interested in first flush Darjeelings.

-H.
DPM

"H" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi,
>
> When is the best time to order first flush teas for the year? When do
> the usual vendors have these teas available?
>
> I am especially interested in first flush Darjeelings.
>
> -H.

Upton (www.uptontea.com) is already advertising their first 2004 FF
Darjeeling: Namring Estate FTGFOP1 DJ-2/2004. I've tried it, and it's not
bad; floral and grassy, with a very oolongy feel.

The bulk of the first flushes will arrive within the next few months,
depending on weather and politics.

Regards,
Dean

Lars M

"Ripon" > wrote in message
om...
> First of all, this year Darjeeling first flush production is not as
> good as previous years. That is so far I have heard. I am waiting for
> a sample from India, I will let you know.

My friend in India who works in the tea industry tells me the same. I too am
waiting for some samples and will let you know when they arrive. My friend
believes that the quality becomes lower every year due to the fact that the
estates starts picking earlier and earlier, and are less quality concious. I
wonder if this is due increasing demand from the world market.

> If you are just first flush DJ lover, you better buy from some German
> vendors. German's are the major buyer for first flush and they pay
> highest price for first flush. Wait one more month, and search for
> German on-line vendors and enjoy the best first flush Darjeeling tea.

I will try some German vendors. http://www.teehaendler.de is a nice place to
go when looking for both online and offline vendors. Unfortunately it is
only in German, but with the help of Babelfish it should be understandable.

Lars
(Bergen, Norway)

> Ripon
> (Vienna,VA)
>

> (H) wrote in message

om>...
> > Hi,
> >
> > When is the best time to order first flush teas for the year? When do
> > the usual vendors have these teas available?
> >
> > I am especially interested in first flush Darjeelings.
> >
> > -H.

Shopping on the Internet for such an expensive item can be extremelynerve racking. To help yourself feel more comfortable about your purchase youshould do a little research into the website or company that you will bemaking your purchase from. Check [email protected] Sushi 0 24-04-2008 08:18 PM
1st Flush 2008 darjeeling teas! [email protected] Tea 4 28-02-2008 03:41 PM
Some 2006 1st flush teas. SHC Tea 0 14-04-2006 11:39 PM
Some 2006 1st flush teas. SHC Tea 0 14-04-2006 11:38 PM
Industry Packed teas or loose teas? STJones Tea 5 06-02-2006 02:24 PM