boni tours

Default Mandrake

Someone have experience about???
Thanks

Derek

While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, boni tours rolled
initiative and posted the following:

> Someone have experience about???

It's one of the less popular distributions of Linux. I've never
been particularly impressed with it.

If I were to switch operating systems, I'd probably go with
Xandros.

--
Derek

If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, it's
because they take better care of it.
Goran Larsson

In article >, Derek > wrote:

> It's one of the less popular distributions of Linux. I've never
> been particularly impressed with it.

Atropa mandragora is the real mandrake:
< http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/m/mandra10.html >

The OP is most likely not asking about the Linux distribution, not the
silly cartoon figure. And no, I have not tried to infuse atropa mandragora
in hot water and drink it.

--
Göran Larsson http://www.mitt-eget.com/
J Boehm

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:15:04 +0000, Derek wrote:

> While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, boni tours rolled
> initiative and posted the following:
>
>> Someone have experience about???

> It's one of the less popular distributions of Linux. I've never been
> particularly impressed with it.
>
> If I were to switch operating systems, I'd probably go with Xandros.

Use Slackware Linux, it's better.

Mandrake: Mandragora Officinarum, toxix, contains hyoscine, an alkaloid,
used by poisoners in the Middle Ages (Borgia, for instance).

Then on the still night air,
The bark of a dog is heard,
A shriek! A groan!
A human cry. A trumpet sound,
the mandrake root lies captive on the ground.

Anonymous

Tea it is not.

JB
Derek

While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, Goran Larsson
rolled initiative and posted the following:

> In article >, Derek
> > wrote:
>
>> It's one of the less popular distributions of Linux. I've never
>> been particularly impressed with it.

> Atropa mandragora is the real mandrake:
> < http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/m/mandra10.html >
>
> The OP is most likely not asking about the Linux distribution,
> not the silly cartoon figure. And no, I have not tried to infuse
> atropa mandragora in hot water and drink it.

Folks, did we forget to take our senses of humor out of the drawer
this morning?

Of COURSE the OP wasn't talking about a distribution of Linux.

--
Derek

The journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly.

Mike Petro

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:54:32 +0100, J Boehm >
cast caution to the wind and posted:

>> It's one of the less popular distributions of Linux. I've never been
>> particularly impressed with it.
>>
>> If I were to switch operating systems, I'd probably go with Xandros.

>Use Slackware Linux, it's better.

I know its not posh but I still like Red Hat! Nothing like a penguin
in a tux!

Mike

Hamilcar Barca

In article > (Thu, 11 Mar
2004 22:54:32 +0100), J Boehm wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:15:04 +0000, Derek wrote:
>
>> While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, boni tours rolled
>> initiative and posted the following:
>>
>>> Someone have experience about???

>> It's one of the less popular distributions of Linux. I've never been
>> particularly impressed with it.
>>

> Use Slackware Linux, it's better.

Isn't Slackware one of the seven deadly sins?
JB

On 2004-03-12, Hamilcar Barca > wrote:
> In article > (Thu, 11 Mar
> 2004 22:54:32 +0100), J Boehm wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:15:04 +0000, Derek wrote:
>>
>>> While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, boni tours rolled
>>> initiative and posted the following:

>>> It's one of the less popular distributions of Linux. I've never been
>>> particularly impressed with it.
>>>

>> Use Slackware Linux, it's better.

> Isn't Slackware one of the seven deadly sins?

If that is so I'll fall happily for the other six as well.

JB

--------
Abelha não faz mal. Faz mel.
Ben Snyder

"JB" > wrote in message ...
> On 2004-03-12, Hamilcar Barca > wrote:
> > In article > (Thu, 11

Mar
> > 2004 22:54:32 +0100), J Boehm wrote:

> >> Use Slackware Linux, it's better.

I think that's a dangerous blanet statement. Why is slack better? For a
novice I think 'drake's the best - drop in , install and run with no hassle.
Now for a pro, you can't beat slack, debian or *BSD...but as always 'better'
is subjective.

JB

Ben Snyder wrote:

> "JB" > wrote in message
> > On 2004-03-12, Hamilcar Barca > wrote:
> > > In article >
> > > (Thu, 11

> Mar

> > been >>> particularly impressed with it.

> I think that's a dangerous blanet statement. Why is slack better?
> For a novice I think 'drake's the best - drop in , install and run
> with no hassle. Now for a pro, you can't beat slack, debian or
> *BSD...but as always 'better' is subjective.

How can anyone disagree with that!

JB