Mindy

Default I find that the best

I have quite a collection of teas which is still accumulating & right
now what I have are flavored herbals & non flavored herbals & black
tea with many flavors & regular tea with many flavors. They are also
different brands. One flavor that I have found to be so aromatic &
flavorful is the Stash Tea. Has anyone else found that to be as well????
It is such a relaxed & therapeutic feeling to have after a cup of it.
Mindy

Tea

"Mindy" > wrote in message
> I have quite a collection of teas which is still accumulating & right
> now what I have are flavored herbals & non flavored herbals & black
> tea with many flavors & regular tea with many flavors. They are also
> different brands. One flavor that I have found to be so aromatic &
> flavorful is the Stash Tea. Has anyone else found that to be as well????
> It is such a relaxed & therapeutic feeling to have after a cup of it.
> Mindy

Actually, I would rather stick my head in a bucket than drink Stash- but
each to her own taste.

Mindy

Default I find that the best (Tea)

I have only had the Stash vanilla nut creme & I really did like it alot.
If you don't mind me asking..."what did you not like about it??? I have
not asked this question before- since I recently tried Stash. I would be
curious to know what others think about it- which is why I posted about
it. Was it that bad??? But that is true - to each their own taste.
Mindy

Tea

"Mindy" > wrote in message
> I have only had the Stash vanilla nut creme & I really did like it alot.
> If you don't mind me asking..."what did you not like about it??? I have
> not asked this question before- since I recently tried Stash. I would be
> curious to know what others think about it- which is why I posted about
> it. Was it that bad??? But that is true - to each their own taste.
> Mindy

It's not a matter of bad or good. I don't like flavored teas, for the most
part. I avoid teas in bags because the tea quality tends not to be as good.
Stash and Bigelow's are two big flavored tea brands- I don't care for either
of them, including the one 'everyone loves'- Constant Comment. I also don't
like Tazo. I am one of those rare people who cannot stand Earl Grey by any
company. Give me a nice sencha, and I'm happy, or a good Chinese jasmine,
or a rose pouchong. I'm also partial to Lapsang Souchong, pu-erh, and
Prince of Wales. If I'm in a restaurant that only serves Stash, though, I'll
drink coffee- and I don't like coffee much.

Derek

While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, Tea rolled
initiative and posted the following:

> "Mindy" > wrote in message
>> I have only had the Stash vanilla nut creme & I really did like
>> it alot. If you don't mind me asking..."what did you not like
>> about it??? I have not asked this question before- since I
>> recently tried Stash. I would be curious to know what others
>> think about it- which is why I posted about it. Was it that
>> bad??? But that is true - to each their own taste. Mindy
>>

> It's not a matter of bad or good. I don't like flavored teas,
> for the most part. I avoid teas in bags because the tea quality
> tends not to be as good. Stash and Bigelow's are two big
> flavored tea brands- I don't care for either of them, including
> the one 'everyone loves'- Constant Comment. I also don't like
> Tazo. I am one of those rare people who cannot stand Earl Grey
> by any company. Give me a nice sencha, and I'm happy, or a good
> Chinese jasmine, or a rose pouchong. I'm also partial to
> Lapsang Souchong, pu-erh, and Prince of Wales. If I'm in a
> restaurant that only serves Stash, though, I'll drink coffee-
> and I don't like coffee much.

Interesting that for someone who claims not to like flavored teas,
half of the ones you listed are - jasmine, rose, and black currant
in the Prince of Wales.

But aside from that comment, I can "tolerate" Bigelows or Constant
Comment. God knows, at conferences they're often the closest thing
to tea on the beverage cart.

But Stash and Tazo are on my "I'd rather die of thirst" list. I
just do not like the flavors as they taste artificial.

Now, my Mariage Freres teas are a different story.

--
Derek

The harder you try, the dumber you look.

Tea

"Derek" > wrote in message
> While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, Tea rolled
> initiative and posted the following:
>

> Interesting that for someone who claims not to like flavored teas,
> half of the ones you listed are - jasmine, rose, and black currant
> in the Prince of Wales.

And yet I drink these infrequently. I think a lot of it has to do with the
brand, and the subtlety of the flavoring.. Usually I like plain Chinese
teas, some Japan greens, and lots of Indian ones- not flavored.

> But aside from that comment, I can "tolerate" Bigelows or Constant
> Comment. God knows, at conferences they're often the closest thing
> to tea on the beverage cart.
>
> But Stash and Tazo are on my "I'd rather die of thirst" list. I
> just do not like the flavors as they taste artificial.

You just hit it on the head. My taste buds are very sensitive- I tend to
taste artificial flavors more easily than a lot of people. I wouldn't drink
a Stash jasmine, but I'll drink my jasmine from Ten Ren without a problem.

> Now, my Mariage Freres teas are a different story.

My Fortnum's rose pouchong is another story, too. It goes well with scones
and raspberry jam.

> --
> Derek
>
> The harder you try, the dumber you look.

Dashing Starthistle

I have found that Stash herbals are tolerable, but anything with actual tea
in it tastes pretty horrible. The same goes for Celestial Seasonings and
Bigelow. Republic of Tea has good actual tea and their herbals are
tolerable....the exception to the tea being their flavored greens which I
find to taste terrible.

"Tea" > wrote in message

> "Mindy" > wrote in message
> > I have quite a collection of teas which is still accumulating & right
> > now what I have are flavored herbals & non flavored herbals & black
> > tea with many flavors & regular tea with many flavors. They are also
> > different brands. One flavor that I have found to be so aromatic &
> > flavorful is the Stash Tea. Has anyone else found that to be as well????
> > It is such a relaxed & therapeutic feeling to have after a cup of it.
> > Mindy

> Actually, I would rather stick my head in a bucket than drink Stash- but
> each to her own taste.

crymad

Tea wrote:

> Actually, I would rather stick my head in a bucket than drink Stash- but
> each to her own taste.

I can't speak for any of Stash's regular offerings, but their
Yamamotoyama brand "Special Occasion Green Tea" is my tea of choice when
traveling and want the convenience of bagged green tea. Brews up very
nice with the below-boiling water one usually receives when requesting
hot water in restaurants and airplanes. Or with water that has cooled
down a bit after spending some time in a thermos.

--crymad
Dog Ma 1

Crymad wrote:
> I can't speak for any of Stash's regular offerings, but their
> Yamamotoyama brand "Special Occasion Green Tea" is my tea of choice when
> traveling and want the convenience of bagged green tea. Brews up very
> nice with the below-boiling water one usually receives when requesting
> hot water in restaurants and airplanes. Or with water that has cooled
> down a bit after spending some time in a thermos.

A couple of years back, I bought a box each of their regular, "Premium" and
"Special Occasion" greens. The difference in quality is dramatic - might
make a good intro for green tea newbies. I much prefer loose leaf (of
course) and my tastes have shifted away from sencha to rare (ie., I can't
afford what I like) oolongs and malty Assams.

I also carry a few bags of the Premium or Special Occasion, mainly because
the foil packets seem to stay fresh indefinitely. While their black teas are
pretty ordinary, they do make a dandy genmai-cha.

-DM