FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   tea and sandwiches? (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/25075-tea-sandwiches.html)

Michael Plant 11-02-2004 01:53 PM

Como se dice "tea and sandwiches" auf Norsk?

Jarmo 2/11/04 08:13jarmo.louet#mbnet.fi

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:37:43 GMT, Michael Plant
wrote:

Nope. But, it's a very cool idea. New Brooklyn Tea -- El Hadj Djeli Sory
Koyate -- available in tiny lots from old trees found in Prospect Park.
(Hey, I never said they were tea trees.)

Sounds like some arabic language to me, and I understand they do drink
tea in Arabic countries as well, so it could have been. Ok, so they
don't exactly have the optimal climate for tea trees, but... :)

He is from Guinea, Africa. He plays the balaphone, a xylophone-like
percussion instrument. He is a master. I don't know much about tea in
Guinea. Good tea can be had from Kenya so they say, although I've never
drunk any at all. The music of this region of Africa -- probably any region
of Africa -- is food for soul and body.

This morning I'm drinking a tea labeled "Bai Hao" from the Oolong Tea Store
in New Jersey, USA. It is however NOT Bai Hao, it is Oolong of a yan nature,
probably the company's aged Oolong. This is a case of mis-labeled tea. Did I
go there already this morning? Forgive me, my brain cells are sloughing as
we speak.

Michael

Dog Ma 1 17-02-2004 02:23 AM

Tea and weird foods (was ... sandwiches)

"Dog Ma 1" (reply w/o spam) wrote in message

I can now report: really smelly $1.79 tuo-cha pu-erh and Stilton does NOT
work. The powers do not cancel, merge, blend gracefully or transform
magically into something else. It was awful!

Several people have provided me with much better Pu-erhs, and I also bought
a couple of beenchas in NY. They still don't work with Stilton. Hey, ya
gotta try - who would have guessed that chocolate and peanut butter works so
well?

Anyway, I brought gong-fu kit, nice cups and some Dan Cong to a friend's
house to watch a string theory video (OK, what do you do for fun of a
Sunday?) One of the guys had just returned from Singapore with a pile of
freeze-dried durian. The tea was terrific, the durian pretty good
considering most of the aroma had been left behind. But the combination was
much nastier than one might expect.

Just thought I'd pass on this valuable information that may be applicable to
so many people's daily dietary choices.

-DM

[email protected] 31-05-2017 09:47 AM

tea and sandwiches?

On Tuesday, February 3, 2004 at 1:10:58 AM UTC+8, Ole Kvaal wrote:
Hi.
Any suggestions what sort of tea I could drink along with a couple of
sandwiches in my lunch break? Until now, I've been drinking orange juice to
my lunch, but I'd much rather find a tea that would go nicely with - and
after - my meal.
Thanks in advance

--

regards,
ole k,

Buckwheat tea, i think this is good choice for you. This tartary buckwheat has been roasted in the Chinese traditional way; full of roasted, pleasing nuttiness and sweetness. After brew the tartary buckwheat, you can still eat the buckwheat as well. https://www.jkteashop.com/buckwheat-tea-p-302.html

Mary Alberto 10-10-2017 01:11 PM

tea and sandwiches?

On Monday, February 2, 2004 at 10:40:58 PM UTC+5:30, Ole Kvaal wrote:
Hi.
Any suggestions what sort of tea I could drink along with a couple of
sandwiches in my lunch break? Until now, I've been drinking orange juice to
my lunch, but I'd much rather find a tea that would go nicely with - and
after - my meal.
Thanks in advance

--

regards,
ole k,
trondheim

Hello Ole,
You can easily have white tea or oolong tea along with your lunch. They are not only light and refreshing but will also keep you active all day long. And they are low on caffeine.
In case you are wondering where to get it from, I would recommend Halmari tea. You can get a lot of varieties of tea online at a very reasonable rate. All of them are sourced from the premium tea estates of Assam, India. Here's the link to their website -https://www.halmaritea.co.uk/teas/

Have a great day (and lunch)!
Regards,
Mary

Mary Alberto 10-10-2017 01:18 PM

tea and sandwiches?

On Monday, February 2, 2004 at 10:40:58 PM UTC+5:30, Ole Kvaal wrote:
Hi.
Any suggestions what sort of tea I could drink along with a couple of
sandwiches in my lunch break? Until now, I've been drinking orange juice to
my lunch, but I'd much rather find a tea that would go nicely with - and
after - my meal.
Thanks in advance

--

regards,
ole k,
trondheim

Hi Ole,
You can have white tea or oolong tea at lunch along with your meal. It will keep you freshened and active. Also, they are low in caffeine.
You can get superior quality tea at a very affordable rate at Halmari tea. Their garden fresh teas are sourced from the tea estates of Assam, India.

Regards,
Mary

hotshaperbelt 22-03-2018 04:52 AM

Ham, Brie and Apple Tea Sandwich. ...
Cucumber-Butter Tea Sandwich. ...
Olive-Focaccia Tea Sandwich. ...
Crab Salad Tea Sandwich. ...
Curried Egg Salad Tea Sandwich. ...
Liverwurst-Onion Tea Sandwich. ...
Mortadella-Watercress Tea Sandwich. ...
Ham-Cornbread Tea Sandwich.

Gates 15-09-2019 10:15 AM

tea and sandwiches?

On Tuesday, February 3, 2004 at 2:10:58 AM UTC+9, Ole Kvaal wrote:
Hi.
Any suggestions what sort of tea I could drink along with a couple of
sandwiches in my lunch break? Until now, I've been drinking orange juice to
my lunch, but I'd much rather find a tea that would go nicely with - and
after - my meal.
Thanks in advance

--

regards,
ole k,
trondheim

I suggest you drink Japanese green tea. There are lots of benefits you can get from it. It can even reduce the aging process and remain young. Read more hehttps://lowsugardrinks.com/blog/bene...ing-green-tea/

Good luck!