Ripon

Default Chinese Bai Mei (White tea)

This Chinese Bai Mei (White tea) is the best white tea, I have ever
had. When I was ordering this tea, I wasn't sure to spend $25 for 2
Oz. Now I am very happy that I have ordered this excellent tea. This
tea is the lightest and smoothest white tea, I ever had. This is one
kind of very rare white tea, according to the source. White teas can
be four types. This one is the finest kind- silver pin white tea.

Full name:- Chinese Bai Mei

Origin: China

Dry leaves:- Very interesting looks as starfish. All leaves are young
buds, hand made that have been tied together with a silken thread.
Lightly pressed by thumb that resembled the shape of the tea as a
starfish.

Water: I used French Mont Fleur mineral water.

Brewing time: Just below boiling 3 minutes.

Taste after brewing: This tea has such a light taste that it's very
difficult to point a single taste. It has a nice and nectar flavor.
The after taste(Sweetness) lasted long time inside my mouth (Almost
5-8 minutes) I always try to explain my feeling this way-

When I took the first sip of this tea- tip of my tongue find the
strong sweetness and roundness of this tea. Each side of my tongue got
a very light salty feeling. Middle of the tongue had no taste of
bitterness. Usually, middle of the tongue catch the bitterness of a
drink.

Leaves after brewing: The dry star looking tied buds became very
puffy.

I brewed the same leaves 3 times. First two were almost same taste but
the third time was a little lighter but no bitterness. I think I don't
mind to pay any amount for this tea.

The after sweetness taste is still tip of my tongue and going for
another round( with new leaves this time).

Ripon
(From Bangladesh)
flush

Please send a sample of this tea to the following adress: rec.food.drink.tea

Does anyone know a good store where to purchase this tea? Preferably in
Europe / Germany.

Marc

"Ripon" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
om...
> This Chinese Bai Mei (White tea) is the best white tea, I have ever
> had. When I was ordering this tea, I wasn't sure to spend $25 for 2
> Oz. Now I am very happy that I have ordered this excellent tea. This
> tea is the lightest and smoothest white tea, I ever had. This is one
> kind of very rare white tea, according to the source. White teas can
> be four types. This one is the finest kind- silver pin white tea.
>
> Full name:- Chinese Bai Mei
>
> Origin: China
>
> Dry leaves:- Very interesting looks as starfish. All leaves are young
> buds, hand made that have been tied together with a silken thread.
> Lightly pressed by thumb that resembled the shape of the tea as a
> starfish.
>
> Water: I used French Mont Fleur mineral water.
>
> Brewing time: Just below boiling 3 minutes.
>
> Taste after brewing: This tea has such a light taste that it's very
> difficult to point a single taste. It has a nice and nectar flavor.
> The after taste(Sweetness) lasted long time inside my mouth (Almost
> 5-8 minutes) I always try to explain my feeling this way-
>
> When I took the first sip of this tea- tip of my tongue find the
> strong sweetness and roundness of this tea. Each side of my tongue got
> a very light salty feeling. Middle of the tongue had no taste of
> bitterness. Usually, middle of the tongue catch the bitterness of a
> drink.
>
> Leaves after brewing: The dry star looking tied buds became very
> puffy.
>
> I brewed the same leaves 3 times. First two were almost same taste but
> the third time was a little lighter but no bitterness. I think I don't
> mind to pay any amount for this tea.
>
> The after sweetness taste is still tip of my tongue and going for
> another round( with new leaves this time).
>
> Ripon
> (From Bangladesh)

Ripon

"flush" > wrote in message >...
> Please send a sample of this tea to the following adress: rec.food.drink.tea
>
> Does anyone know a good store where to purchase this tea? Preferably in
> Europe / Germany.
>
> Marc

Marc:

If you buy tea from on-line vendors then try www.harney.com Enjoy
your tea. By the way this tea was collected from the largest tea
company from Germany. If you know them, you can also try. By the way,
which tea compnay is the largest in Germany? How is the German tea
culture? `is it like English way?

Ripon
(From Bangladesh)
flush

> If you buy tea from on-line vendors then try www.harney.com Enjoy
> your tea. By the way this tea was collected from the largest tea
> company from Germany. If you know them, you can also try. By the way,

Thanx for this info

> which tea compnay is the largest in Germany?

Hmm... good question. The company "Tee Gschwender" is a very large tea store
in germany an they're located in many cities... but I don't know if they are
the largest tea company.
Hamburg is the largest tea trade center in europe, so there might be a good
chance to find a large tea company there.

> How is the German tea culture? `is it like English way?

No, for the majority of the germans there are no such traditions like the
five-o-clock tea or breakfast tea. Nevertheless, in the german region East
Frisia ("Ostfriesland") there are also tea traditions an tea takes a large
part in the everyday life. As far as I'm concerned the per-head consumption
of tea is about 2,6 to 3 kilogramm (about 91-105 oz.). Famous in East Frisia
are the tea-mixtures... they contain a strong and very aromatic tea mixed
with mostly assam teas (second flush) and sophisticated with sugar candy and
cream. The East Frisia tea traditions exists for more then 300 years.
In the other regions of germany the most drunk tea is probably fruit tea,
herb tea, flavoured greentea and black tea. *sigh*. But tea is also not the
main drink in germany. Coffee consumption very much higher than the tea
consumption (sad but true).

so... I wish you a happy new year
(maybe started with a nice cup of greentea)

greets
Marc

Lewis Perin

"flush" > writes:

> [...]
> How is the German tea culture? `is it like English way?

Well, here's one small unscientific observation: When I was in Bavaria
two summers ago, I was surprised how much first flush Darjeeling was
being offered, even in coffee bars with only a few tea selections.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /

Ripon

Lewis Perin > wrote in message >...
> "flush" > writes:
>
> > [...]
> > How is the German tea culture? `is it like English way?

> Well, here's one small unscientific observation: When I was in Bavaria
> two summers ago, I was surprised how much first flush Darjeeling was
> being offered, even in coffee bars with only a few tea selections.

Lew:

well, again the same question-How many of us are really drinking
Darjeeling tea. LOL-