Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default (A) Suggestions for Spring? (B) And, tea in New Mexico?

Hello, again, all,
I'm back into the world of tea now that I'll have a bit more time and
I'm wondering if anyone has tasted some new greens or has any other
suggestions for spring.
Also, we're heading back to Northern New Mexico in a few weeks and I'm
curious to know if there are any tea venues there worth checking out.
Thanks in advance!
Shen
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 13:26:19 -0700 (PDT), Shen >
wrote:

>I'm back into the world of tea now that I'll have a bit more time and
>I'm wondering if anyone has tasted some new greens or has any other
>suggestions for spring.

I'm also looking forward to suggestions.

>Also, we're heading back to Northern New Mexico in a few weeks and I'm
>curious to know if there are any tea venues there worth checking out.

What's a venue?

It's not really northern NM, but there are two tea shops in
Albuquerque, although I can't remember the names of either. If you're
interested, I'll find out for you.

1) A shop on Mountain a few doors east of 12th. He has two dozen or
so varieties of loose tea and a small selection of teaware and
accessories.

2) A shop on south Harvard at Silver. She has a slightly larger
selection of loose teas and teaware and sells her teas by the cups.
(The sign on the shop indicates reagular operating hours but it's
often simply not open. Don't schedule a visit to this one if it's out
of your way.)

Finally there used to be and maybe still is a tea room near Old Town.
I've never been there.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 12, 3:26*pm, Shen > wrote:
> Hello, again, all,
> I'm back into the world of tea now that I'll have a bit more time and
> I'm wondering if anyone has tasted some new greens or has any other
> suggestions for spring.
> Also, we're heading back to Northern New Mexico in a few weeks and I'm
> curious to know if there are any tea venues there worth checking out.
> Thanks in advance!
> Shen

I asked about green teas about two months ago and got no answers. I
guess there are no strong recommendations. Barring that, I would go
with an organic sencha, although right now I am using up a Chinese
gunpowder. (No suggestions on New Mexican venues, although I'm happy
to get my teas by mail in Kansas City.) Toci
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I recently went to San Diego for the first time just for the purpose
of bicycling. I used MapQuest to find my hotel in downtown. I then
used the Search Nearby function looking for 'bike' shoppes. I think
it would work for 'tea' shoppes depending on location. The list
return radiates out in miles from ground zero.

Jim

PS NM was my stomping grounds in the 70s. Sante Fe was full of
poseurs then I cant imagine what is like now. I suspect you can find
a tea shoppe by the dozen now.

On Apr 12, 2:26 pm, Shen > wrote:
> Hello, again, all,
> I'm back into the world of tea now that I'll have a bit more time and
> I'm wondering if anyone has tasted some new greens or has any other
> suggestions for spring.
> Also, we're heading back to Northern New Mexico in a few weeks and I'm
> curious to know if there are any tea venues there worth checking out.
> Thanks in advance!
> Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 12, 1:26*pm, Shen > wrote:
> Hello, again, all,
> I'm back into the world of tea now that I'll have a bit more time and
> I'm wondering if anyone has tasted some new greens or has any other
> suggestions for spring.
> Also, we're heading back to Northern New Mexico in a few weeks and I'm
> curious to know if there are any tea venues there worth checking out.
> Thanks in advance!
> Shen

I just had two dragon wells from this Spring, each plucked no more
than three weeks ago. One was from a Vancouver Chinese tea shop and
the other was bought in Shanghai. They are both easily among the best
I've ever had, so this year's plucking may be worth a try.

The only tea shop in New Mexico I know of (by reputation only) is the
Jade Mountain Tea Co in Sante Fe. It's run by Frank Hadley Murphy the
author of The Spirit Of Tea. If his passion for gongfu cha is
anything close to what he writes in his book, a trip to his shop would
be most interesting.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 14, 10:25*pm, Iggy > wrote:
> On Apr 12, 1:26*pm, Shen > wrote:
>
> > Hello, again, all,
> > I'm back into the world of tea now that I'll have a bit more time and
> > I'm wondering if anyone has tasted some new greens or has any other
> > suggestions for spring.
> > Also, we're heading back to Northern New Mexico in a few weeks and I'm
> > curious to know if there are any tea venues there worth checking out.
> > Thanks in advance!
> > Shen

> I just had two dragon wells from this Spring, each plucked no more
> than three weeks ago. *One was from a Vancouver Chinese tea shop and
> the other was bought in Shanghai. *They are both easily among the best
> I've ever had, so this year's plucking may be worth a try.
>
> The only tea shop in New Mexico I know of (by reputation only) is the
> Jade Mountain Tea Co in Sante Fe. *It's run by Frank Hadley Murphy the
> author of The Spirit Of Tea. *If his passion for gongfu cha is
> anything close to what he writes in his book, a trip to his shop would
> be most interesting.

I may try dragon wells on my next order. Last time, I found what I
bought very good, but not good enough to reorder again
immediately. Toci
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I have been geting invites for the new season Shincha from the better
Japanese vendors.. Very nice stuff..
Jenn
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SN SN is offline

On Apr 12, 4:26*pm, Shen > wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone has tasted some new greens or has any other
> suggestions for spring.

i've been on senchas for a couple months and they're really hitting
the tea spot
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 17, 9:16*pm, SN > wrote:
> On Apr 12, 4:26*pm, Shen > wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering if anyone has tasted some new greens or has any other
> > suggestions for spring.

> i've been on senchas for a couple months and they're really hitting
> the tea spot

So.Senchas, which I also suggested myself, and dragonwell. Is that
it? Toci

Pizzahouse has a great Spring Salad..anyone hav a spring salad recipe? spus Recipes 0 16-07-2010 10:35 PM
THAI Spring Rolls request/suggestions homeboy3 Asian Cooking 3 30-06-2006 06:49 PM
New Mexico Trek The Ranger General Cooking 11 04-07-2005 05:56 AM
Beer in New Mexico Grafix8888 Beer 0 24-09-2004 02:41 AM
Mexico - Is Mexico City a good destination for food? Glenn Jacobs General Cooking 0 21-10-2003 06:20 PM