Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Ever heard of 'Dragon Spring' or 'Dragon Fountain'?

..
..
I picked up a hard box of 100% Organic Red Tea the other day and I
wonder if anyone has any dealings with New World Organic Products.

Funny thing is the web sight says Dragon Fountain, the BOX says Dragon
Spring leading me to wonder if it is a knock off or just last year's
inventory being pushed out to make room.

Here is the website link:

http://nwotgk.com/Contact_Us.htm or http://tea2020.com/ .

I like red teas so I took a chance but I think I either got some old
stale leaves or a copy-cat version.

TBerk

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> Funny thing is the web sight says Dragon Fountain, the BOX says Dragon
> Spring leading me to wonder if it is a knock off or just last year's
> inventory being pushed out to make room.

Yeah, Dragon Fountain, or Dragon Spring - they're just english
translations of the original Chinese "Long Quan" - which is an area in
southern Zhejiang province, close to Fujian. Just blame it on
inconsistent english translation.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 13, 7:41*am, niisonge > wrote:
> > Funny thing is the web sight says Dragon Fountain, the BOX says Dragon
> > Spring leading me to wonder if it is a knock off or just last year's
> > inventory being pushed out to make room.

> Yeah, Dragon Fountain, or Dragon Spring - they're just english
> translations of the original Chinese "Long Quan" - which is an area in
> southern Zhejiang province, close to Fujian. Just blame it on
> inconsistent english translation.

Not exactly, sometimes English translations can be hazy or gloss
things over, sometimes, it isn't the case.

Longquan is the name of the city in Zhejiang, it is also the name of
the river which runs through the city, through other cities along
Zhejiang, towards Wenzhou.

In this case, it might just be telling you that the tea is harvested
along the slopes of the river Longquan (xi) in the city Longquan
(shi). In English, Dragon Fountain might be reserved for the city,
and spring for the city. ironically, a spring in Chinese is called a
xi, but this can sometimes be more like a river than a spring. One
thing of interest is that both sides of the slopes along this river
are known for the harvest of a longjing cultivar,not black tea...

Kevo

Dragon fruit notbob General Cooking 4 18-10-2010 09:17 PM
My Red Dragon Pie MOMPEAGRAM Recipes (moderated) 0 23-04-2006 05:13 AM
nine bend dragon Jenn Tea 5 26-10-2005 02:47 PM
Red Dragon Pie MOMPEAGRAM Recipes 0 23-07-2005 12:40 AM
Dragon fruit Karel Winemaking 1 23-02-2004 12:40 PM