Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default What's good at TenRen?

On Apr 3, 4:44*pm, Shen > wrote:
> On Apr 3, 2:29*pm, wrote:
>
> > In the past I've had hit and miss experiences with TenRen, one white
> > tea in a clear bag was average, another tea I don't remember also
> > wasn't too exciting, but recently I got their dark oolong 2nd grade
> > and ti kuan yin 3rd grade and for the price they're excellent in my
> > estimation. Which other teas are good there, and which ones are not so
> > good? How much could I save by ordering the same tea from stores like
> > teaspring and hao de which are in China? thx! -ak

> HouDe is not in China; he's in Texas.
> Both HouDe and Teapsring, as well as Jing's Tea Shop are worth every
> penny.
> HouDe, especially, is extremely honest and reliable and stives for top
> quality.
> Actually, when I saw the header on your post, most initial response
> was "nothing".
> Shen

PS- You probably won't save any money; but, you'll no longer be
wasting it at TenRen.
The bit more you'll pay at HouDe or Teaspring or even, Imperial Tea
Court is worth it when you consider the top notch teas you'll be
drinking.
BTW, shipping from TeaSpring is $3.95 and from HouDe $5.00. Jing's is
especially fine tea, as well, and Sebastien and Jing offer samples
that are worth a try.
Shen

³M'm! M'm! Good! M'm! M'm! Good! That's whatCampbell's soups are! M'm! M'm! Good!" Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 4 01-03-2009 05:23 PM
What's good at TenRen? [email protected] Tea 7 08-04-2008 03:45 PM
Recommend a good bread machine? (e.g. Panasonic SD253 any good?) ship Baking 3 21-09-2006 05:17 PM
Tenren in Toronto. Mydnight Tea 24 05-01-2005 03:45 PM
Is there anywhere I can by Tenren's King's tea in UK? niceguyuk2003 Tea 5 16-12-2004 11:17 PM