Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Iced green tea

My experience is that almost any black tea will make good iced tea.
Does anybody know of a good green or white iced tea? I've already put
aside my sencha and my genmai for September hot tea. Toci

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"toci" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> My experience is that almost any black tea will make good iced tea.
> Does anybody know of a good green or white iced tea? I've already put
> aside my sencha and my genmai for September hot tea. Toci

I like Bai Hao Yin Zhen myself. I make it as I would regularly and then let
it cool down. The sweetness of the flavor (the tea itself, not sugar) does
seem to also lend it well to being a cooler drink.

Melinda

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 16, 2:07 am, toci > wrote:
> My experience is that almost any black tea will make good iced tea.
> Does anybody know of a good green or white iced tea? I've already put
> aside my sencha and my genmai for September hot tea. Toci

I like Bi Luo Chun but it's more delicate. I think any good green mao
feng would be tasty.
As I mentioned in a different post, Imperial Tea Court serves matcha
whipped in a blender with cool water - very refreshing.
Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

toci > wrote:
>My experience is that almost any black tea will make good iced tea.
>Does anybody know of a good green or white iced tea? I've already put
>aside my sencha and my genmai for September hot tea. Toci

It's weird, and it takes a little getting used to, but the cheap yellow
box Jasmine tea actually makes a very pleasant summer iced tea. Chilling
it really exaggerates the jasmine flavour, though, to the point where it
can be like cheap pancake makeup if you steep it too long.
--scott
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

i throw 3-4 (cheap, the kind you buy 100 pkcts for @3 bucks) jasmine, green
or white tea bags in a pitcher of cold water, let it sit overnite in the
fridge, squeeze out bags in the morning--and it's good to go. very
refreshing and not bitter.

"toci" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> My experience is that almost any black tea will make good iced tea.
> Does anybody know of a good green or white iced tea? I've already put
> aside my sencha and my genmai for September hot tea. Toci

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 16, 8:27 am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
> toci > wrote:
> >My experience is that almost any black tea will make good iced tea.
> >Does anybody know of a good green or white iced tea? I've already put
> >aside my sencha and my genmai for September hot tea. Toci

> It's weird, and it takes a little getting used to, but the cheap yellow
> box Jasmine tea actually makes a very pleasant summer iced tea. Chilling
> it really exaggerates the jasmine flavour, though, to the point where it
> can be like cheap pancake makeup if you steep it too long.
> --scott

"cheap pancake make-up"....ah, so that's the translation!
What a wonderful description!
Thanks. You made my day.
Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 16, 11:07 am, toci > wrote:
> My experience is that almost any black tea will make good iced tea.
> Does anybody know of a good green or white iced tea? I've already put
> aside my sencha and my genmai for September hot tea. Toci

Today I enjoyed some iced jasmin tea and I liked it a lot. Even non-
iced it cools my system quite well.
Years ago I drank a lot of iced Pai Mu Tan during summer, havenīt had
any in a while.
What Iīm truly missing these days is that cheap iced tea theyīre
serving for free all over Cambodia and Vietnam.
Sometimes, especially in South Vietnam itīs definetely Lotus tea, but
many times I asked myself what it might be, must be some pretty cheap
green. Wonderful stuff if itīs really hot.

Karsten

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 16, 1:58 pm, wrote:
> On Jul 16, 11:07 am, toci > wrote:
>
> > My experience is that almost any black tea will make good iced tea.
> > Does anybody know of a good green or white iced tea? I've already put
> > aside my sencha and my genmai for September hot tea. Toci

> Today I enjoyed some iced jasmin tea and I liked it a lot. Even non-
> iced it cools my system quite well.
> Years ago I drank a lot of iced Pai Mu Tan during summer, havenīt had
> any in a while.
> What Iīm truly missing these days is that cheap iced tea theyīre
> serving for free all over Cambodia and Vietnam.
> Sometimes, especially in South Vietnam itīs definetely Lotus tea, but
> many times I asked myself what it might be, must be some pretty cheap
> green. Wonderful stuff if itīs really hot.
>
> Karsten

It just occurred to me this afternoon to ice up some of Imperial Tea
Court's Everyday White.
This stuff is robust and holds up well to a cool watering and cubes.
It's extremely flavourful and could easily be mistaken for a fine aged
oolong, and very sweet since its been sun-dried and unlike a lot of
ITC's teas, it's really inexpensive ($5.00+ an oz). I highly, highly
recommend it!
Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 16, 5:10 pm, Shen > wrote:
> On Jul 16, 1:58 pm, wrote:
>

> > On Jul 16, 11:07 am, toci > wrote:

> > > My experience is that almost any black tea will make good iced tea.
> > > Does anybody know of a good green or white iced tea? I've already put
> > > aside my sencha and my genmai for September hot tea. Toci

> > Today I enjoyed some iced jasmin tea and I liked it a lot. Even non-
> > iced it cools my system quite well.
> > Years ago I drank a lot of iced Pai Mu Tan during summer, havenīt had
> > any in a while.
> > What Iīm truly missing these days is that cheap iced tea theyīre
> > serving for free all over Cambodia and Vietnam.
> > Sometimes, especially in South Vietnam itīs definetely Lotus tea, but
> > many times I asked myself what it might be, must be some pretty cheap
> > green. Wonderful stuff if itīs really hot.

> > Karsten

> It just occurred to me this afternoon to ice up some of Imperial Tea
> Court's Everyday White.
> This stuff is robust and holds up well to a cool watering and cubes.
> It's extremely flavourful and could easily be mistaken for a fine aged
> oolong, and very sweet since its been sun-dried and unlike a lot of
> ITC's teas, it's really inexpensive ($5.00+ an oz). I highly, highly
> recommend it!
> Shen- Hide quoted text -

Actually, I stuck a slim slice of cucumber in an iced glass since we
are out of lemon. Very nice, indeed!
Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 16, 5:07 am, toci > wrote:
> My experience is that almost any black tea will make good iced tea.
> Does anybody know of a good green or white iced tea? I've already put
> aside my sencha and my genmai for September hot tea. Toci

One of Upton Teas offerings, Iddalgashinna estate Ceylon OP1 is very
good iced and with a splash of lemon it has been my standard iced tea
for years. It brews up into a rich, brothy tea with a sweet citrusy
note that the lemon accentuates perfectly. On a hot summers day
nothing quenches my thirst quite like it, wonderfull stuff.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

In article . com>,
> wrote:
>On Jul 16, 5:07 am, toci > wrote:
>> My experience is that almost any black tea will make good iced tea.
>> Does anybody know of a good green or white iced tea? I've already put
>> aside my sencha and my genmai for September hot tea. Toci

>One of Upton Teas offerings, Iddalgashinna estate Ceylon OP1 is very
>good iced and with a splash of lemon it has been my standard iced tea
>for years. It brews up into a rich, brothy tea with a sweet citrusy
>note that the lemon accentuates perfectly. On a hot summers day
>nothing quenches my thirst quite like it, wonderfull stuff.

I actually found some very cheap finings marked "Melam Estate" and
with an address in Karnatika, at my local Indian grocery. It makes
really a wonderful iced tea. I didn't even know there WAS any tea
grown in Karnatika....
--scott
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 16, 2:07 pm, toci > wrote:
> My experience is that almost any black tea will make good iced tea.
> Does anybody know of a good green or white iced tea? I've already put
> aside my sencha and my genmai for September hot tea. Toci

for a good iced tea, its important to get the right flavor out, cold
streeping for about 6-8 hours is a good idea.As for the green teas, as
they are not strong in flavor my experience says its best to steep
them hot for about 4-5 minutes, about 2g for a cup and then chill it.
In case you want a quick one double the quantity of tea for a cup and
then pour over ice.

Black teas if oversteeped will give a muddy appearance which is not
very appetising.Still the Nilgiris orthodox teas coming from the
southern india give a very good iced versions ...which can be flavored
without hindering the taste of the tea.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

toci ha scritto:
>My experience is that almost any black tea will make good iced tea.
>Does anybody know of a good green or white iced tea? I've already put
>aside my sencha and my genmai for September hot tea. Toci

We make a style of white tea at Satemwa in Malawi
that I always prefere to drink cold. Tea Embassy has
some if you are in the US.
http://teatreasures.com/page/Tea-Sup...hite-Tea/T4877

--
Questo articolo e` stato inviato dal sito web http://www.nonsolonews.net
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 17, 11:32 am, wrote:
> On Jul 16, 5:07 am, toci > wrote:
>
> > My experience is that almost any black tea will make good iced tea.
> > Does anybody know of a good green or white iced tea? I've already put
> > aside my sencha and my genmai for September hot tea. Toci

> One of Upton Teas offerings, Iddalgashinna estate Ceylon OP1 is very
> good iced and with a splash of lemon it has been my standard iced tea
> for years. It brews up into a rich, brothy tea with a sweet citrusy
> note that the lemon accentuates perfectly. On a hot summers day
> nothing quenches my thirst quite like it, wonderfull stuff.

I'll try that for next summer...I'm happy with an Upton Long Jing for
the rest of this summer. Toci

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 16, 5:07 am, toci > wrote:
> My experience is that almost any black tea will make good iced tea.
> Does anybody know of a good green or white iced tea? I've already put
> aside my sencha and my genmai for September hot tea. Toci

Sencha makes good iced tea, don't put it away. I even cold brew
freshly once steeped sencha leaves into iced tea. I also have a good
organic strawberry sencha that makes very good iced tea.

Other than that, I'll use bancha, jasmine green, ginger green, lotus
green, and really green oolongs as well.

As for white tea, it is hit or miss. Again I'll stick to cold brewing
once steeped leaves into iced tea for the most part.

- Dominic

Which tee is good test-Arizona Diet Green Iced Tea & Arizona Diet Lemon Iced Tea? Scott Dorsey Tea 0 07-12-2011 08:12 PM
iced tea [email protected] General Cooking 5 26-07-2008 10:52 PM
Iced tea toci Tea 1 14-05-2007 01:33 AM
Iced tea? Rich Tea 12 17-10-2006 02:30 AM
Zsenso iced green tea Mike Tea 0 19-09-2006 02:57 PM