Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SN SN is offline

Default distinguish Yunnan black tea from Keemun by picture?

got this tea, but taste is confusing, and i don't have some Yunnan to
compare...
i dont know if its a Yunnan or Keemun...
any possibility to distinguish by picture? :P

http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?i...annydrygd8.jpg
http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?i...annydryhr7.jpg

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 11, 9:34 am, SN > wrote:
> got this tea, but taste is confusing, and i don't have some Yunnan to
> compare...
> i dont know if its a Yunnan or Keemun...
> any possibility to distinguish by picture? :P
>
> http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?i...annydryhr7.jpg

Most of the Keemuns blacks I've had are black, just black. The
goldish, longer leaves seem to indicate a Yunnan.
What's it taste like? And where did you get it?
The Yunnans I've enjoyed most have a profoundly chocolate
characteristic and malty. The Keemuns more smokey and malty.
Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SN SN is offline

got it from Kam Man Market in NYC Chinatown

flavor is not that well expressed- it is a little smoky, and malty,
maybe little chocolaty...

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SN SN is offline

On Jul 11, 1:24 pm, SN > wrote:
> got it from Kam Man Market in NYC Chinatown
>
> flavor is not that well expressed- it is a little smoky, and malty,
> maybe little chocolaty...

ok, just found 1 tablespoon of yunnan gold from jingtea mixed with
some other good yunnan gold
wow, huge difference: very malty & chocolaty.

this yunnan is just bad quality imo.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 11, 10:42 am, SN > wrote:
> On Jul 11, 1:24 pm, SN > wrote:
>
> > got it from Kam Man Market in NYC Chinatown

> > flavor is not that well expressed- it is a little smoky, and malty,
> > maybe little chocolaty...

> ok, just found 1 tablespoon of yunnan gold from jingtea mixed with
> some other good yunnan gold
> wow, huge difference: very malty & chocolaty.
>
> this yunnan is just bad quality imo.

Personally, I'm nuts for a good Yunnan Gold. I like Scott's (YSLL) and
Hou De's Yunnan Jin Si very, very much. ITC and Chado both have very
nice, reliable Keemuns (Chado, in the "Reserves").
I guess, it's true: sometimes you just get what you paid
for........................
Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 12, 12:34 am, SN > wrote:
> got this tea, but taste is confusing, and i don't have some Yunnan to
> compare...
> i dont know if its a Yunnan or Keemun...
> any possibility to distinguish by picture? :P
>
> http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?i...annydryhr7.jpg

Looks like black tea to me. Red tea is usually less "stemy".

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On 7 12 , 12 34 , SN > wrote:
> got this tea, but taste is confusing, and i don't have some Yunnan to
> compare...
> i dont know if its a Yunnan orKeemun...
> any possibility to distinguish by picture? :P
>
> http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?i...annydryhr7.jpg

Might be Keemun, and very lowe grade.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1184252982

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 12, 12:34 am, SN > wrote:
> got this tea, but taste is confusing, and i don't have some Yunnan to
> compare...
> i dont know if its a Yunnan or Keemun...
> any possibility to distinguish by picture? :P
>
> http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?i...annydryhr7.jpg

If it's a Keemun it's a really bad one... or a fake.

Not that it looks like a great Yunnan....

I hope it wasn't too $$$??

MarshalN
http://www.xanga.com/MarshalN

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 11, 6:34 pm, SN > wrote:
> i dont know if its a Yunnan or Keemun...
> any possibility to distinguish by picture? :P

My vote would go for a not too fancy Dian Hong.
I found an old sample in my cupboard that upon closer inspection looks
pretty similar.
Unfortunately some ... stepped on my digicam last week so no pic to
compare.

> got this tea, but taste is confusing,

Hhm, maybe a little "aged" ?

Karsten

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SN SN is offline

heh, well, 9$/lb , i dont think its on the expensive side... even so,
i dont think ill buy it again ..

> I hope it wasn't too $$$??
>
> MarshalNhttp://www.xanga.com/MarshalN

CNN Shows Picture Of Black Man Carrying Assault Rifle To ObamaProtest thomas shoup General Cooking 1 19-08-2009 02:27 PM
Yunnan black in search of SN Tea 7 29-07-2008 08:10 PM
Yunnan Mo Zhen Black Needle Space Cowboy Tea 20 25-12-2005 05:25 AM
gung fu yunnan black? [email protected] Tea 5 18-12-2004 11:12 PM
Upton's best Yunnan black Robert Dunbar Tea 1 21-02-2004 10:13 PM