Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Vancouver venues?

I'm going to be spending some time in Vancouver, BC soon. It's
reputed to have the best Chinatown in the Americas, so it ought to
have some good places for tea, right? Can someone suggest any? By
the way, there's no need to mention a Ten Ren/Ten Fu branch; I can
just walk to one (two, actually) from where I live.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jun 28, 8:47 pm, Lewis Perin > wrote:
> I'm going to be spending some time in Vancouver, BC soon. It's
> reputed to have the best Chinatown in the Americas, so it ought to
> have some good places for tea, right? Can someone suggest any? By
> the way, there's no need to mention a Ten Ren/Ten Fu branch; I can
> just walk to one (two, actually) from where I live.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

This isn't what you were asking about-- but Murchie's tea is in
downtown Vancouver. Never been to their store myself, but used to
order from them. http://www.murchies.com/wwww/pender.php

--james-henry

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I can only think of Murchies...not very exciting really...there's a
small teashop in RIchmond, but the lady was more keen to sell ginseng
than tea; Besttea used to have a shop off Alexandra street, but it
moved to Montreal I think...

Sorry, no help here...

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jun 29, 8:47 am, Lewis Perin > wrote:
> I'm going to be spending some time in Vancouver, BC soon. It's
> reputed to have the best Chinatown in the Americas, so it ought to
> have some good places for tea, right? Can someone suggest any? By
> the way, there's no need to mention a Ten Ren/Ten Fu branch; I can
> just walk to one (two, actually) from where I live.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

I believe Lam Kie Yuen has a branch in Burnaby, BC, which is in the
Greater Vancouver area. There's also a few shops in Richmond,
although since I haven't been back to VBC for a while, I don't know
where they are exactly anymore. I think the Richmond stores are on No
3 road, not that that's much help...

MarshalN
http://www.xanga.com/MarshalN

Vancouver eats A Moose in Love General Cooking 0 22-01-2013 10:44 PM
Vancouver eats Janet Wilder[_1_] General Cooking 0 22-01-2013 02:58 PM
Weekend in Vancouver Cindy Fuller[_2_] General Cooking 21 04-01-2012 12:51 AM
Vancouver tea shops Lewis Perin Tea 1 28-07-2007 12:29 AM
Vancouver Patrice General Cooking 27 19-11-2004 04:46 AM