FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   Cha Ching on Gutenberg (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/122143-cha-ching-gutenberg.html)

Mal from Oz[_1_] 26-04-2007 08:51 AM

Cha Ching on Gutenberg

A Chinese version of Cha Ching (Cha Jing) by Lu Yu is on gutenberg.org

Uses Big5 encoding which Microsoft Word 2003 appears to handle. I don't read
Chinese so I can't verify how accurate the conversion was.

It is a .txt file but open it up in MS-Word you are asked whether you want
to convert using the Big5 encoding table.

Anyway, the link is here if anyone is interested...
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/7406

Cheers
Mal
Oz

SN 27-04-2007 02:08 AM

Cha Ching on Gutenberg

aye thanks!
forgot to look on gutenberg for free tea books

[email protected] 01-05-2007 01:16 AM

Cha Ching on Gutenberg

Can you please give details on how to open this in English. Thanks.
W.

Mal from Oz[_1_] 01-05-2007 02:47 AM

Cha Ching on Gutenberg

Sure...

1. Download the text file to your HDD
2. Locate said file
3. Open Microsoft Word and use File->Open then select said .txt file.
(Ensure file type is set to .txt or *.* otherwise you won't see the file in
the displayed file list.
4. Now when I opened the .txt file in Word, Word automatically displayed
file the conversion dialog and asked me if I wanted to convert from Big 5. I
clicked OK and then off it went - file displayed in English.

There may be other ways, but this is what I did. I have MS Word 2003 with
XP SP2 and I keep my PC up to date with all the updates Uncle Bill throws at
me.

Cheers
Mal
Oz