Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default An Ji Xian Lu

Anybody familiar with An Ji Xian Lu Cha? It is (was) one of my favourite
greens, but since my previous vendor has closed her business, I could not
find it anywhere else. Thanks for any pointers!

Gyorgy

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Apr 6, 11:44 am, "Gyorgy Sajo" > wrote:
> Anybody familiar with An Ji Xian Lu Cha? It is (was) one of my favourite
> greens, but since my previous vendor has closed her business, I could not
> find it anywhere else. Thanks for any pointers!
>
> Gyorgy

I think www.goldenteahouse.com may have this tea.....not sure, but, I
thought this was a white tea? or does lu cha indicate "green"?
Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"Gyorgy Sajo" > writes:

> Anybody familiar with An Ji Xian Lu Cha? It is (was) one of my favourite
> greens, but since my previous vendor has closed her business, I could not
> find it anywhere else. Thanks for any pointers!

I think Anji Xian means Anji County in Zhejiang, and Lucha means green
tea. In other words, I suspect your vendor's name was a generic
description that could apply to a number of different teas.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
recent addition: sheng tai
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"Lewis Perin" > writes:
> "Gyorgy Sajo" > writes:
>
>> Anybody familiar with An Ji Xian Lu Cha? It is (was) one of my favourite
>> greens, but since my previous vendor has closed her business, I could not
>> find it anywhere else. Thanks for any pointers!

> I think Anji Xian means Anji County in Zhejiang, and Lucha means green
> tea. In other words, I suspect your vendor's name was a generic
> description that could apply to a number of different teas.
>
> /Lew

Thank you, Lew. That would explain why I could not find it. BTW, the vendor
sold this tea first under the name Wu Yi Shen Cha, and later she changed the
name to An Ji Xian Lu Cha, explaining that she just learned the real name of
this tea. I am afraid that Wu Yi Shen Cha is as generic name as the other
one. Or...?

Gyorgy

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"Shen" wrote:
> On Apr 6, 11:44 am, "Gyorgy Sajo" > wrote:
>> Anybody familiar with An Ji Xian Lu Cha? It is (was) one of my favourite
>> greens, but since my previous vendor has closed her business, I could not
>> find it anywhere else. Thanks for any pointers!
>>
>> Gyorgy

> I think www.goldenteahouse.com may have this tea.....not sure, but, I
> thought this was a white tea? or does lu cha indicate "green"?
> Shen

No, it was definitely a green tea.

Gyorgy

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"Gyorgy Sajo" > writes:

> "Lewis Perin" > writes:
> > "Gyorgy Sajo" > writes:
> >
> >> Anybody familiar with An Ji Xian Lu Cha? It is (was) one of my favourite
> >> greens, but since my previous vendor has closed her business, I could not
> >> find it anywhere else. Thanks for any pointers!

> > I think Anji Xian means Anji County in Zhejiang, and Lucha means green
> > tea. In other words, I suspect your vendor's name was a generic
> > description that could apply to a number of different teas.

> Thank you, Lew. That would explain why I could not find it. BTW, the vendor
> sold this tea first under the name Wu Yi Shen Cha, and later she changed the
> name to An Ji Xian Lu Cha, explaining that she just learned the real name of
> this tea. I am afraid that Wu Yi Shen Cha is as generic name as the other
> one. Or...?

I don't know what shen cha would be, but Wuyi is quite a long way from
Anji. Maybe this vendor's terminology doesn't bear much looking into?

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /