Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default teasphere

Since many others here have some sort of website devoted to tea, from
basic to elaborate, I figured - being the computer geek I am - that I
should at least make a showing. So I created "teasphere" at
http://teasphere.wordpress.com/ I'm not really digging Wordpress at all
(very inflexible), so most likely I will end up hosting it myself and
the URL will change... but I did do a quick job of trying to chronicle
my tea journey on the "About Me" page and in the off-chance anyone
cares, it's there.

- Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Hi Dominic:
You always have good information here, so I will read there too. Could
not log in there so here's
a comment about that flavored tea. I didn't like the one I had because
it was artificially flavored.

Can just adding a drop of vanilla and some pomegranate juice to the
Ceylon tea work?

I can't try this now as I'm out of black tea.
Melissa

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

wrote:
> Hi Dominic:
> You always have good information here, so I will read there too. Could
> not log in there so here's
> a comment about that flavored tea. I didn't like the one I had because
> it was artificially flavored.
>
> Can just adding a drop of vanilla and some pomegranate juice to the
> Ceylon tea work?
>
> I can't try this now as I'm out of black tea.
> Melissa

By no means is it meant to rival this or anyone else's serious
websites... I just figured it would give me a place to post some
photo's of my teapots and different things so that when I post here I
have a place to link to that is more permanent than an image host. The
info and writing will be fairly minimal, just what I'm drinking and a
bit about it, what books I'm reading, and occasionally a thought or
idea or a photo or two of my progress in building my "zen" garden or my
bonsai. I'd also like to keep kind of a photo journal of my tea trees
that I am growing from seeds because I have found it pretty enjoyable
to watch myself.

As for the Monk's Blend, yeah it has been a very frustrating thing for
me to find a high quality version of. I still stick to the Mlesna Brand
tea bags because even though they are teabags they are all natural. I
will have to experiment with a spot of grenadine and a drop of vanilla
and report back, I have a feeling getting the balance right will take
some trial and error. If you enjoy pomegranate (its a favorite of mine)
I have found POM pomegranate juice to be an amazing (but expensive)
treat.

Take care, thanks for being the one interested person
- Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> wrote:
>You always have good information here, so I will read there too. Could
>not log in there so here's
>a comment about that flavored tea. I didn't like the one I had because
>it was artificially flavored.
>
>Can just adding a drop of vanilla and some pomegranate juice to the
>Ceylon tea work?

If you want a vanilla tea, put some black tea in a tin, add in a vanilla
bean or two, seal it up and leave it on the shelf for a month or so. I
think a lighter Chinese black works better than a Ceylon, but lots of people
would differ with me (many of them British).
--scott
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

USENET is good enough for me. I consider this group the Congressional
Record of Tea. It has no meaning if said elsewhere unless reviewed
here. I wouldn't participate if DejaVu or Google didn't care to
archive what I had to say on the subject or anybody else. BLOGGING is
essentially a solitary activity even with the media support. My Beta
camera failed, my VHSC camera failed, my MEDIA computer failed.
Otherwise I would put up some video on a TUBING site for the MTV
generation.

Jim

Dominic T. wrote:
> Since many others here have some sort of website devoted to tea, from
> basic to elaborate, I figured - being the computer geek I am - that I
> should at least make a showing. So I created "teasphere" at
> http://teasphere.wordpress.com/ I'm not really digging Wordpress at all
> (very inflexible), so most likely I will end up hosting it myself and
> the URL will change... but I did do a quick job of trying to chronicle
> my tea journey on the "About Me" page and in the off-chance anyone
> cares, it's there.
>
> - Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Good for you!
BTW, I first had Monk's Blend at Far Leaves in Berkeley. $10.00 (4 oz
tin) - very nice. Chado and many others carry it loose, as well.
I like it on a cool, foggy, Bay Area morning with milk and a bit of
sugar (scandalous!).
Shen
Dominic T. wrote:
> Since many others here have some sort of website devoted to tea, from
> basic to elaborate, I figured - being the computer geek I am - that I
> should at least make a showing. So I created "teasphere" at
> http://teasphere.wordpress.com/ I'm not really digging Wordpress at all
> (very inflexible), so most likely I will end up hosting it myself and
> the URL will change... but I did do a quick job of trying to chronicle
> my tea journey on the "About Me" page and in the off-chance anyone
> cares, it's there.
>
> - Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Space Cowboy wrote:
> USENET is good enough for me. I consider this group the Congressional
> Record of Tea. It has no meaning if said elsewhere unless reviewed
> here. I wouldn't participate if DejaVu or Google didn't care to
> archive what I had to say on the subject or anybody else. BLOGGING is
> essentially a solitary activity even with the media support. My Beta
> camera failed, my VHSC camera failed, my MEDIA computer failed.
> Otherwise I would put up some video on a TUBING site for the MTV
> generation.
>
> Jim

Flint and tinder work too, so toss out that stove. I'm not sure why you
have a burr lodged somewhere, but you very often have humor and insight
to share... and instead stick to derisive and esoteric comments much of
the time. I guess every group needs a couple of those to keep them
honest, but I just don't get it.

Usenet is great for a lot of things, but posting photo's or just
posting a silly or off-topic post doesn't always fit. It's the wrong
tool for some jobs, and I'm not a "I have a hammer, so every problem is
a nail" kinda person. A lot of people around me always want to know
what I'm drinking or like to try things I like because they are not tea
experts, and this was a quick easy way to post it. Same goes with
books, I read a ton of books and a lot of people find some neat
off-beat titles from me that would otherwise not be on their radar. I'm
not looking to create a "community" or even looking for comments or
feedback... I really just thought maybe one or two people would be
interested to find out that my journey started not with some great
revelation but with an average 1984 flick The Karate Kid on the "About
Me" page. I find the background and history to how people find their
way into tea to this level is generally very interesting. I just wanted
to share my tale. If it isn't for you, no problem.

- Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Shen wrote:
> Good for you!
> BTW, I first had Monk's Blend at Far Leaves in Berkeley. $10.00 (4 oz
> tin) - very nice. Chado and many others carry it loose, as well.
> I like it on a cool, foggy, Bay Area morning with milk and a bit of
> sugar (scandalous!).
> Shen

Great! Thanks for the new leads, I'll be ordering some as long as
they'll ship it. I found it strange that not all "Monk's Blend" is
vanilla and grenadine though, I've found many places are very different
flavorings which makes it tough to find the right thing. It's funny you
mention the weather because yesterday it was a cool, rainy, foggy
morning here in PA and that was what I turned to as well. (Minus the
milk/sugar, I wasn't ready to be wrapped up in that scandal too since I
was already *enjoying* a teabag It has a hypnotic effect on me, I've
always heard vanilla is a scent that has a good deal of power of males
and it does... in fact there is a perfume called "Hypnotic Poison" that
cuts right through me instantly that is very similar to the scent of
the tea.

- Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Senior Member

Location: Los Angeles

Hey Dominic,

Good to hear! Your teasphere is already on my favorites. However,
leaving comments on your blog is a royal pain. I have to sign up with
Wordpress, but Wordpress doesn't want to take any hotmail address to
sign up. It says:

"You cannot use that email address to signup. We are having problems
with them blocking some of our email. Please use another email
provider."

So I can't leave a comment (not saying that you need my comment or
anything Perhaps you can set it up so that people don't need to
sign up for an account with Wordpress to leave a comment, much like
Tess' Teadonism and Nikhil's The Simple Leaf blogs? My 2 cents.

Anyway, I'll be following your musings here and there!

Phyll

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I mentioned the Karate Kid sequel and the Tea Ceremony here in 98 if
that means anything. I still think it worth viewing. You can find it
with Google.

Jim

Dominic T. wrote:
> I really just thought maybe one or two people would be
> interested to find out that my journey started not with some great
> revelation but with an average 1984 flick The Karate Kid on the "About
> Me" page. I find the background and history to how people find their
> way into tea to this level is generally very interesting. I just wanted
> to share my tale. If it isn't for you, no problem.
>
> - Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Phyll wrote:
> Hey Dominic,
>
> Good to hear! Your teasphere is already on my favorites. However,
> leaving comments on your blog is a royal pain. I have to sign up with
> Wordpress, but Wordpress doesn't want to take any hotmail address to
> sign up. It says:

Done and done, I've changed it to allow anonymous comments. (I only
left it the other way to minimize spam, but had no idea it was such a
PITA) I'm less than enthused at Wordpress actually in the entire
execution and as someone who designs CMS's (Content Management Systems)
for websites I have a feeling I will be creating something custom
tailored to my needs and moving it at some point to one of my own
servers... but for now that issue should be fixed. Thanks for the
input.

- Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Senior Member

Location: Los Angeles

I wish I knew how to custom-make a blog nicely on my own. So for now,
blogspot serves my tea and wine musings well. Hey, thanks, Dominic for
removing that PITA. If you don't mind, I'm going to add a link of your
blog on mine. It'll be my "required tea reading".

Cheers,

Phyll

Dominic T. wrote:
> Phyll wrote:
> > Hey Dominic,
> >
> > Good to hear! Your teasphere is already on my favorites. However,
> > leaving comments on your blog is a royal pain. I have to sign up with
> > Wordpress, but Wordpress doesn't want to take any hotmail address to
> > sign up. It says:

> Done and done, I've changed it to allow anonymous comments. (I only
> left it the other way to minimize spam, but had no idea it was such a
> PITA) I'm less than enthused at Wordpress actually in the entire
> execution and as someone who designs CMS's (Content Management Systems)
> for websites I have a feeling I will be creating something custom
> tailored to my needs and moving it at some point to one of my own
> servers... but for now that issue should be fixed. Thanks for the
> input.
>
> - Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Phyll wrote:
> I wish I knew how to custom-make a blog nicely on my own. So for now,
> blogspot serves my tea and wine musings well. Hey, thanks, Dominic for
> removing that PITA. If you don't mind, I'm going to add a link of your
> blog on mine. It'll be my "required tea reading".
>
> Cheers,
>
> Phyll

I'm not sure why I get asked if it is OK to link to my blog, because
this is the third or fourth time already... I'm not much of a blogger,
but I'd think that was the point of a blog Sure! Of course it's OK
to link to it, if anything it is an honor that you even care to! I
appreciate it and also will have to find yours to link back to and
read.

As for creating custom CMS systems, it is actually very simple only
basic SQL/database skills and a smidge of PHP is needed to make it
work. The tricky part is making it secure and extensible. I'm a big fan
of open source software and if you google "LAMP Server" "PHPNuke"
"PostNuke" "Drupal" or "open source CMS" you will find that you can use
freely available software to run your own server with barely no
knowledge at all. Or find a free/cheap web host that supports MYSQL and
PHP and run one of those CMS systems on it. It gives you many more
options than a blog, but might run you $3-4/month for the hosting if
you don't run your own server. (OK, enough of the geek stuff... and if
you are not a computer person you are probably now puzzled and thinking
about kitty cats, monkeys, or pants.)

Thanks!
- Me.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Space Cowboy wrote:
> I mentioned the Karate Kid sequel and the Tea Ceremony here in 98 if
> that means anything. I still think it worth viewing. You can find it
> with Google.
>
> Jim

So you have... I see you are a man who knows fine cinema as well I
hope I didn't sound too harsh above, I have no doubts we would probably
see eye-to-eye in person and be pretty compatible, I just think you
have a latent tendency to be "that guy" that I mentioned. I much prefer
the insight and humor, and often it is hard to convey meaning in text
so I may read things wrong at times too. No harm, no foul, I appologize
if I seemed an ass.

- Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Senior Member

Location: Los Angeles

Actually, a giant mushroom cloud and a searing flash of light entered
my mind. I'm for nuke proliferation. And I wasn't asking for
permission, per se. :-D

Dominic T. wrote:
> Phyll wrote:
> > I wish I knew how to custom-make a blog nicely on my own. So for now,
> > blogspot serves my tea and wine musings well. Hey, thanks, Dominic for
> > removing that PITA. If you don't mind, I'm going to add a link of your
> > blog on mine. It'll be my "required tea reading".
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Phyll

> I'm not sure why I get asked if it is OK to link to my blog, because
> this is the third or fourth time already... I'm not much of a blogger,
> but I'd think that was the point of a blog Sure! Of course it's OK
> to link to it, if anything it is an honor that you even care to! I
> appreciate it and also will have to find yours to link back to and
> read.
>
> As for creating custom CMS systems, it is actually very simple only
> basic SQL/database skills and a smidge of PHP is needed to make it
> work. The tricky part is making it secure and extensible. I'm a big fan
> of open source software and if you google "LAMP Server" "PHPNuke"
> "PostNuke" "Drupal" or "open source CMS" you will find that you can use
> freely available software to run your own server with barely no
> knowledge at all. Or find a free/cheap web host that supports MYSQL and
> PHP and run one of those CMS systems on it. It gives you many more
> options than a blog, but might run you $3-4/month for the hosting if
> you don't run your own server. (OK, enough of the geek stuff... and if
> you are not a computer person you are probably now puzzled and thinking
> about kitty cats, monkeys, or pants.)
>
> Thanks!
> - Me.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On 29 Sep 2006 05:44:42 -0700, Dominic T. wrote:

> As for the Monk's Blend, yeah it has been a very frustrating thing for
> me to find a high quality version of.

I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but...

Looking at your site led to a search for "Mlensa Monks Blend" which led to
a site that listed it as "The Des Moines" which reminded me that the shop I
used to frequent in Minneapolis has a "The Des Moines d'Amerique".

It might not be what you're looking for, but I recall it being quite tasty.

A shorter link: http://makeashorterlink.com/?K14722FDD
--
Derek

"It is a great thing to know the season for speech and the season for
silence." -- Seneca
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On 29 Sep 2006 08:49:23 -0700, Dominic T. wrote:

> Done and done, I've changed it to allow anonymous comments. (I only
> left it the other way to minimize spam, but had no idea it was such a
> PITA)

I use Wordpress, but not on the Wordpress server. I have it on one that I
rent annually to host several domains. It works pretty well.

But spam is a problem. So I suggest the following:

1. Install the Akismet plugin. I have found it amazingly good at catching
spam.

2. Require all posters to be moderated once. That is, set it so that after
the first approved post, they don't have to moderate.

The end result is that you have to do a little moderation, but spam stays
off of the site.

--
Derek

"If you cannot convince them, confuse them." -- Harry S Truman
Member

Location: Arizona

I've been trying to keep a list of these efforts. I'll add yours on the next update.

http://wileng.blogspot.com/2006/06/t...st-update.html

Thanks,
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic T.
Since many others here have some sort of website devoted to tea, from
basic to elaborate, I figured - being the computer geek I am - that I
should at least make a showing. So I created "teasphere" at
http://teasphere.wordpress.com/ I'm not really digging Wordpress at all
(very inflexible), so most likely I will end up hosting it myself and
the URL will change... but I did do a quick job of trying to chronicle
my tea journey on the "About Me" page and in the off-chance anyone
cares, it's there.

- Dominic
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Space Cowboy wrote:
> I mentioned the Karate Kid sequel and the Tea Ceremony here in 98 if
> that means anything. I still think it worth viewing. You can find it
> with Google.
>
>Hey guys,

I just saw the Star Trek episode that had the Klingon Tea ceremony,
Worf had with Dr Pulaski, Anyone remember that one?
Short scene but intensely nice.
Jenn

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On 1 Oct 2006 12:59:21 -0700, Jenn wrote:

> Space Cowboy wrote:
>> I mentioned the Karate Kid sequel and the Tea Ceremony here in 98 if
>> that means anything. I still think it worth viewing. You can find it
>> with Google.
>>
>>Hey guys,

> I just saw the Star Trek episode that had the Klingon Tea ceremony,
> Worf had with Dr Pulaski, Anyone remember that one?
> Short scene but intensely nice.
> Jenn

She had to dose herself with a hypospray, because the tea itself was toxic
and would have killed a non-Klingon.

No. No idea at all what you're talking about.

--
Derek

"I think the first virtue is to restrain the tongue; he approaches nearest
to gods who knows how to be silent, even though he is in the right." --
Cato the Elder

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Derek wrote:
> On 1 Oct 2006 12:59:21 -0700, Jenn wrote:
>
> > Space Cowboy wrote:
> >> I mentioned the Karate Kid sequel and the Tea Ceremony here in 98 if
> >> that means anything. I still think it worth viewing. You can find it
> >> with Google.
> >>
> >>Hey guys,

> > I just saw the Star Trek episode that had the Klingon Tea ceremony,
> > Worf had with Dr Pulaski, Anyone remember that one?
> > Short scene but intensely nice.
> > Jenn

> She had to dose herself with a hypospray, because the tea itself was toxic
> and would have killed a non-Klingon.
>
> No. No idea at all what you're talking about.
>
> --
> Derek

What about Talerian tea? its all over the galaxy, and the Talerians
dont appear to be tea farmers, but hey their tea is requested from the
replicaters alot.
Jenn

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On 1 Oct 2006 14:27:05 -0700, Jenn wrote:

> Derek wrote:

>>> I just saw the Star Trek episode that had the Klingon Tea ceremony,
>>> Worf had with Dr Pulaski, Anyone remember that one?
>>> Short scene but intensely nice.
>>> Jenn

>> She had to dose herself with a hypospray, because the tea itself was toxic
>> and would have killed a non-Klingon.
>>
>> No. No idea at all what you're talking about.
>>
>> --
>> Derek

> What about Talerian tea? its all over the galaxy, and the Talerians
> dont appear to be tea farmers, but hey their tea is requested from the
> replicaters alot.
> Jenn

Having blown any non-geek credibility I might have had with this group, I
see no point in not pointing out that it's "Tarkalian tea".

--
Derek

"A man's feet should be planted in his country, but his eyes should survey
the world." -- George Santayana
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Derek wrote:
> >> No. No idea at all what you're talking about.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Derek

> > What about Talerian tea? its all over the galaxy, and the Talerians
> > dont appear to be tea farmers, but hey their tea is requested from the
> > replicaters alot.
> > Jenn

> Having blown any non-geek credibility I might have had with this group, I
> see no point in not pointing out that it's "Tarkalian tea".
>
> --
> Derek

hahaha, good stuff, that was one of the funnier exchanges I've read in
a while... I try real hard to supress my geek genes most of the time
too but then inevitably something cuases me to crack and tip my hand.
Don't fight it, just embrace it Except to keep a bit of my non-geek
street cred, I have no idea what you two are on about besides the fact
that it is Star Trek related... and I hated Star Wars and still do (all
of 'em, except maybe the Ewok one). I do love the original Star Treks
though, and I've already well blown my cover 'round here.

- Dominic

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Jenn wrote:
> Derek wrote:

> > > I just saw the Star Trek episode that had the Klingon Tea ceremony,
> > > Worf had with Dr Pulaski, Anyone remember that one?
> > > Short scene but intensely nice.
> > > Jenn

> > She had to dose herself with a hypospray, because the tea itself was toxic
> > and would have killed a non-Klingon.
> >
> > No. No idea at all what you're talking about.
> >
> > --
> > Derek

> What about Talerian tea? its all over the galaxy, and the Talerians
> dont appear to be tea farmers, but hey their tea is requested from the
> replicaters alot.

Oh Yeah I think it was tarkalean tea, My memeory isnt as good as it
used to be.
> Jenn

I saw at the mellinium3 tea place they had monks blend but I have no
knowledge of any thing about them I have looked at their site and saw
it there. Seems like they have alot more than tea there. I have no
idea of the quality has anyone bought from them?
Jenn

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On 2 Oct 2006 06:17:08 -0700, Dominic T. wrote:

> ... and I hated Star Wars and still do (all
> of 'em, except maybe the Ewok one).

You have no sense of taste. Return of the Jedi is, hands down, the worst of
the original trilogy. That's not to say that I don't enjoy it.

--
Derek

"There's no secret about success. Did you ever know a successful man who
didn't tell you about it?" -- Kin Hubbard

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Jenn wrote:
> Derek wrote:

> > > I just saw the Star Trek episode that had the Klingon Tea ceremony,
> > > Worf had with Dr Pulaski, Anyone remember that one?
> > > Short scene but intensely nice.
> > > Jenn

> > She had to dose herself with a hypospray, because the tea itself was toxic
> > and would have killed a non-Klingon.
> >
> > No. No idea at all what you're talking about.
> >
> > --
> > Derek

> What about Talerian tea? its all over the galaxy, and the Talerians
> dont appear to be tea farmers, but hey their tea is requested from the
> replicaters alot.

Oh Yeah I think it was tarkalean tea, My memeory isnt as good as it
used to be.
> Jenn

I saw at the mellinium3 tea place they had monks blend but I have no
knowledge of any thing about them I have looked at their site and saw
it there. Seems like they have alot more than tea there. I have no
idea of the quality has anyone bought from them?
Jenn

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Derek wrote:
> You have no sense of taste. Return of the Jedi is, hands down, the worst of
> the original trilogy. That's not to say that I don't enjoy it.
>
> --
> Derek

I've been told that my whole life, just try growing up in the 80's
being the only one to not like Star Wars... and then to have the
audacity to say I like the Ewok one.

Funny but true story: My older sister was obsessed with Star Wars, and
she always tried to get me to watch it, I would fall asleep every time.
So she bought me the VHS versions when we were older, I fell asleep
every time I tried to get through them no matter what. So then they
were re-released in the theatre, I figured there is no way I can fall
asleep... I'll have popcorn, I'll have some Jolt cola, and I'll have
paid money... I was alseep less than 25-30 minutes in like when Yoda is
in the swamp. And an usher woke me up, so it was a solid sleep. Then it
came out on DVD, I rented them all and set aside a weekend, it took me
all weekend to get through the first one. I gave up on the second one.
And I swear I do not have narcolepsy (sp?) I just can't do it, short of
some Clockwork orange toothpicks in the eyelids I will never make it
through the series... let alone the newer ones.

- Dominic
Drinking: Numi Bai Hao

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On 2 Oct 2006 13:10:18 -0700, Dominic T. wrote:

> Funny but true story: My older sister was obsessed with Star Wars, and
> she always tried to get me to watch it, I would fall asleep every time.

As a very sweet, soft spoken, and considerate friend of mine would say...

FREAK!

--
Derek

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to
realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -- Ronald
Reagan
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Just FYI Dominic - in case you're worried about allowing anonymous
comments, I've found the wordpress spam filter to be quite good, and
most spam doesn't get through. That being said, I agree with the
resrictive nature of wordpress (or any other hosted blogging platform
for that matter). I'm also planning to host it on my own eventually.

Nikhil
http://thesimpleleaf.wordpress.com

Phyll wrote:
> Hey Dominic,
>
> Good to hear! Your teasphere is already on my favorites. However,
> leaving comments on your blog is a royal pain. I have to sign up with
> Wordpress, but Wordpress doesn't want to take any hotmail address to
> sign up. It says:
>
> "You cannot use that email address to signup. We are having problems
> with them blocking some of our email. Please use another email
> provider."
>
> So I can't leave a comment (not saying that you need my comment or
> anything Perhaps you can set it up so that people don't need to
> sign up for an account with Wordpress to leave a comment, much like
> Tess' Teadonism and Nikhil's The Simple Leaf blogs? My 2 cents.
>
> Anyway, I'll be following your musings here and there!
>
> Phyll

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I noticed the popularity of Talerian tea also ...but I'm curious:
you're sure the Talerians (I think that's correct, instead of
Taklerians) haven't been digging in the dirt planting cloned tea plants
on a faraway distant moon somewhere?

old west tea

Jenn wrote:
> Derek wrote:

> > > I just saw the Star Trek episode that had the Klingon Tea ceremony,
> > > Worf had with Dr Pulaski, Anyone remember that one?
> > > Short scene but intensely nice.
> > > Jenn

> > She had to dose herself with a hypospray, because the tea itself was toxic
> > and would have killed a non-Klingon.
> >
> > No. No idea at all what you're talking about.
> >
> > --
> > Derek

> What about Talerian tea? its all over the galaxy, and the Talerians
> dont appear to be tea farmers, but hey their tea is requested from the
> replicaters alot.
> Jenn

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On 5 Oct 2006 11:19:30 -0700, old west tea wrote:

> I noticed the popularity of Talerian tea also ...but I'm curious:
> you're sure the Talerians (I think that's correct, instead of
> Taklerians) haven't been digging in the dirt planting cloned tea plants
> on a faraway distant moon somewhere?

We just finished rewatching all the seasons of DS9. It's Tarkalean tea.

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Tarkalean_tea

--
Derek

"Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life. Aim above
morality. Be not simply good; be good for something." -- Henry David
Thoreau