Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Has Tetley quality gone down hill?

> wrote in message
news

> The most recent box that I purchased (at Wal-Mart) was in the words of my
> SO
> "not very nice". I agree. It's the only tea I can buy in the supermarket
> in
> the U.S. that I think tastes decent. But this most recent box may as well
> be
> Lipton, it's just not good, does not have that nice aftertaste that I am
> used to
> with Tetley.
>
> Did I just get a bad box or has Tetley lowered their quality for the
> American
> Market??

I live in the US and was very disappointed in my purchase of Tetley British
Blend Decaffeinated. I used four bags to make a cup of tea and it was still
very weak. In fact, it didn't taste like tea. Yes, it had round bags. On the
box it says "Full Bodied," that is like the phone company having excellent
service. In other words, lip service. Some years ago I had their decaf when
I went home for a visit to the UK. That was good fresh stuff.

I am happy with Brooke Bond Red Label loose from a local Indian store, and
sometimes P.G. Tips bags.

--
Christopher

www.ChristopherRichards.com