giuspinospam

Default Rice draining

I always wash and drain rice before cooking my rice. Would it be the
same to use rice that I have washed some days before? That would mean I
can wash the entire rice pack and store it ready for cooking!
Anyone does it?

Giuspi

F t B

giuspinospam wrote:
> I always wash and drain rice before cooking my rice. Would it be the
> same to use rice that I have washed some days before? That would mean
> I can wash the entire rice pack and store it ready for cooking!
> Anyone does it?
>
> Giuspi

Are you planning on drying the rice after washing it? I would suspect it
would be a soggy mess if you washed it and stored it for any length of time.
Doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

F t B

giuspinospam wrote:
> I always wash and drain rice before cooking my rice. Would it be the
> same to use rice that I have washed some days before? That would mean
> I can wash the entire rice pack and store it ready for cooking!
> Anyone does it?
>
> Giuspi

Are you planning on drying the rice after washing it? I would suspect it
would be a soggy mess if you washed it and stored it for any length of time.
Doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

James Silverton

"giuspinospam" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I always wash and drain rice before cooking my rice. Would it be the
> same to use rice that I have washed some days before? That would
> mean I
> can wash the entire rice pack and store it ready for cooking!
> Anyone does it?
>
> Giuspi

Just for interest, why wash the rice at all? AFAIK, it makes no
difference and I never do but I'd be interested in knowing any
advantages.

--
James V. Silverton
Potomac, Maryland, USA

giuspinospam

Honestly.... nowadays should not be necessary, but all japanese people
wash rice and anyway the water becomes very white, which means that
something happens... :-)
G.

Musashi

"giuspinospam" > wrote in message =
ups.com...
> I always wash and drain rice before cooking my rice. Would it be the
> same to use rice that I have washed some days before? That would mean =

> can wash the entire rice pack and store it ready for cooking!
> Anyone does it?
>=20
> Giuspi
>=20

No you can not.
As others have pointed out, once you wash rice it will absorb water.
Once it has absorbed water it can start going bad.
If you prefer to avoid washing rice, you can now buy rice marked
"Musenmai" which means Non-Wash Rice.
This rice requires no washing prior to cooking, and I see it now in most
Japanese food stores in the NY area.

Musashi

giuspinospam

thanks M. I'll keep on washing my rice just b4 cooking it.
g.