Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default panko on rolls?

Does anyone else dislike when panko is sprinkled on your rolls? There is
a place near me that actually mixes it into their spicy scallop rolls,
so it gets mushy, which I find even more distasteful thank just
sprinkling it on top. Am I alone in this?

--
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/ The Sushi FAQ
HTTP://www.theteafaq.com/ The Tea FAQ
Posted to alt.food.sushi

War wrote on Fri, 30 Jul 2010 17:52:49 -0400:

> Does anyone else dislike when panko is sprinkled on your
> rolls? There is a place near me that actually mixes it into
> their spicy scallop rolls, so it gets mushy, which I find even
> more distasteful thank just sprinkling it on top. Am I alone
> in this?

I've had toasted panko on rolls and I thought it was pretty good but it
only keeps its crispness for a very short time and, after that, is blah!

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to alt.food.sushi

I've had it, and it's ok, but totally unnecessary. I'd prefer the
sushi without. It does get mushy quickly, then is more of a
distraction than anything else. But never enought of a distraction to
keep me from loving the sushi!!!!
Nan

Panko Jeßus[_50_] General Cooking 121 24-11-2015 07:59 PM
Panko stark General Cooking 11 21-09-2009 08:28 PM
Panko help, please Giusi General Cooking 23 25-08-2009 05:56 PM
Panko limey[_2_] General Cooking 5 25-05-2007 01:10 PM
Got Panko Dee Randall General Cooking 52 26-08-2005 05:02 PM