Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default New roll to me and no rice

I had what may have been the best roll I've ever had. It had no rice,
was all fish and had wasabi colored soy bean seaweed wrap. They
called it hot lover roll, it had shrimp tempura. spicy tuna, avacado,
eel, & yellowtail. It was so good and very light for a hot summer day.
The itamae had formed it into a triangle, almost a teardrop. I
wouldn't want the rice free roll all the time as I love rice, but this
was a lovely change.
Nan in DE
Posted to alt.food.sushi

were the meats seperate or combined? Lee
"Nanzi" > wrote in message
>I had what may have been the best roll I've ever had. It had no rice,
> was all fish and had wasabi colored soy bean seaweed wrap. They
> called it hot lover roll, it had shrimp tempura. spicy tuna, avacado,
> eel, & yellowtail. It was so good and very light for a hot summer day.
> The itamae had formed it into a triangle, almost a teardrop. I
> wouldn't want the rice free roll all the time as I love rice, but this
> was a lovely change.
> Nan in DE

Posted to alt.food.sushi

Stormmee wrote on Sun, 11 Jul 2010 11:53:03 -0500:

> were the meats seperate or combined? Lee
> "Nanzi" > wrote in message
>> I had what may have been the best roll I've ever had. It had no rice,
>> was all fish and had wasabi colored soy bean seaweed wrap. They
>> called it hot lover roll, it had shrimp
>> tempura. spicy tuna, avacado, eel, & yellowtail. It was so
>> good and very light for a hot summer day. The itamae had
>> formed it into a triangle, almost a teardrop. I wouldn't want
>> the rice free roll all the time as I love rice, but this was a lovely
>> change. Nan in DE

I don't know if I've had such rolls without rice but idamae can be very
ingenious. There is quite a good one where the outer part is thin tuna
and salmon ( a "Ranbow Roll") and another which is covered with browned
Panko crumbs. The crumbs give a different sensation but the rolls must
be eaten within some minutes of preparation befor the Panko softens.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to alt.food.sushi

both sound nice, Lee
"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Stormmee wrote on Sun, 11 Jul 2010 11:53:03 -0500:
>
>> were the meats seperate or combined? Lee
>> "Nanzi" > wrote in message
>>> I had what may have been the best roll I've ever had. It had no rice,
>>> was all fish and had wasabi colored soy bean seaweed wrap. They called
>>> it hot lover roll, it had shrimp
>>> tempura. spicy tuna, avacado, eel, & yellowtail. It was so
>>> good and very light for a hot summer day. The itamae had
>>> formed it into a triangle, almost a teardrop. I wouldn't want
>>> the rice free roll all the time as I love rice, but this was a lovely
>>> change. Nan in DE

> I don't know if I've had such rolls without rice but idamae can be very
> ingenious. There is quite a good one where the outer part is thin tuna and
> salmon ( a "Ranbow Roll") and another which is covered with browned Panko
> crumbs. The crumbs give a different sensation but the rolls must be eaten
> within some minutes of preparation befor the Panko softens.
>

> --
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Jul 11, 5:34*pm, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> *Stormmee *wrote *on Sun, 11 Jul 2010 11:53:03 -0500:
>
> > were the meats seperate or combined? *Lee
> > "Nanzi" > wrote in message
> >> I had what may have been the best roll I've ever had. It had no rice,
> >> was all fish and had wasabi colored soy bean seaweed wrap. They
> >> called it hot lover roll, it had shrimp
> >> tempura. spicy tuna, avacado, eel, & yellowtail. It was so
> >> good and very light for a hot summer day. The itamae had
> >> formed it into a triangle, almost a teardrop. I wouldn't want
> >> the rice free roll all the time as I love rice, but this was a lovely
> >> change. Nan in DE

> I don't know if I've had such rolls without rice but idamae can be very
> ingenious. There is quite a good one where the outer part is thin tuna
> and salmon ( a "Ranbow Roll") and another which is covered with browned
> Panko crumbs. The crumbs give a different sensation but the rolls must
> be eaten within some minutes of preparation befor the Panko softens.
>
> --
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Rainbow roll is great too, James. I had one with 'crunch' sprinkles on
top, I'll bet it was panko, and it was a little different. It is
delightful to have 3 good sushi places in town now. DH has his
favorite for sashimi, and I have 2 with great sushi rolls. One of them
serves both Japanese & Chinese selections, what a choice I always have
there......it is all good eating!!!

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Jul 11, 9:05*pm, "Stormmee" > wrote:
> both sound nice, Lee"James Silverton" > wrote in message

> > Stormmee *wrote *on Sun, 11 Jul 2010 11:53:03 -0500:

> >> were the meats seperate or combined? *Lee

> > I don't know if I've had such rolls without rice but idamae can be very
> > ingenious. There is quite a good one where the outer part is thin tuna and
> > salmon ( a "Ranbow Roll") and another which is covered with browned Panko
> > crumbs. The crumbs give a different sensation but the rolls must be eaten
> > within some minutes of preparation befor the Panko softens.

> > --

> > James Silverton
> > Potomac, Maryland

> > Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not- Hide quoted text -

The meats were all separate on the roll. I was tempted to take the
white tuna off the outside and eat it by itself, but then that opens a
whole 'nother discussion.
Nan in De
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanzi[_2_] View Post

"Nanzi" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for sharing this information!