Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default Good idea for fish tank

Are you looking for a cool design for your fishtanks? Try connecting
them with pipelines. This works with vacuum pressure that keeps the
water from draining out of the piplines. http://e-fishingnews.com/interesting/258
Posted to alt.food.sushi

On 2010-02-24 00:59:43 -0800, Fisherman said:

> Are you looking for a cool design for your fishtanks? Try connecting
> them with pipelines. This works with vacuum pressure that keeps the
> water from draining out of the piplines.
> http://e-fishingnews.com/interesting/258

Anyone grow their own fish for dining? I wonder if you could "farm"
trout in a tank at home. I've gotten to where I really love trout.

On topic: And ayu too? What season does one find ayu; I've never
figured it out.
--
Dogmatism kills jazz. Iconoclasm kills rock. Rock dulls scissors.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

"Gerry" > wrote in message

> Anyone grow their own fish for dining? I wonder if you could "farm" trout
> in a tank at home. I've gotten to where I really love trout.
>
> On topic: And ayu too? What season does one find ayu; I've never figured
> it out.
> --
> Dogmatism kills jazz. Iconoclasm kills rock. Rock dulls scissors.

I don't know if it's feasible to grow them in a tank, but I do know of
people growing them in ponds. They need lots of oxygen, don't know how they
compare to other fish on that account, though.

--
KLC Lewis

WISCONSIN
Where It's So Cool Outside, Nobody Stays Indoors Napping
www.KLCLewisStudios.com

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On 2010-02-24 16:15:02 -0800, KLC Lewis said:

>> Anyone grow their own fish for dining? I wonder if you could "farm"
>> trout > in a tank at home. I've gotten to where I really love trout.
>>
>> On topic: And ayu too? What season does one find ayu; I've never
>> figured > it out.

> I don't know if it's feasible to grow them in a tank, but I do know of
> people growing them in ponds. They need lots of oxygen, don't know how
> they compare to other fish on that account, though.

It can't be done then! That's a relief...
--
Dogmatism kills jazz. Iconoclasm kills rock. Rock dulls scissors.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

sometime in the recent past Gerry posted this:
> On 2010-02-24 16:15:02 -0800, KLC Lewis said:
>
>>> Anyone grow their own fish for dining? I wonder if you could "farm"
>>> trout > in a tank at home. I've gotten to where I really love trout.
>>>
>>> On topic: And ayu too? What season does one find ayu; I've never
>>> figured > it out.

>> I don't know if it's feasible to grow them in a tank, but I do know of
>> people growing them in ponds. They need lots of oxygen, don't know how
>> they compare to other fish on that account, though.

> It can't be done then! That's a relief...

Not sure what 'can't be done,' but I've seen very large trout on display in
properly aerated tanks at the state fish hatchery. They are certainly pen
raised in quantity. But fresh water trout run the risk of fresh water
parasites and tank reared just doesn't appeal to me at all.

--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3