truebador

Default Arlington VA Atami shut down for rats and other horrors

Atami Sushi (the 25 dollar all you can eat place) was shut down for serious
problems. You can read the report at:

http://www.healthspace.ca/Clients/VD...ABF&Count=1000

You may need to reconstruct the link or go directly to the report at the VA
Health department. Also worth reading is the previous report.

The previous report had other horrors like:

2-401.12 Critical The owner exhibited symptoms of a bad cold
(excessive coughing and congestion) and is working with exposed food, clean
utensils or food service equipment.
Prevent employees who are experiencing persistent sneezing, coughing
or a runny nose that causes discharges from the eyes, nose or mouth from
working with exposed food, clean equipment, utensils, and linens, and
unwrapped single-service and single-use articles.

3-201.14 Critical The soft shell crabs being prepared and served in
the establishment were not from an approved commercial food source. A man in
a white truck (VA lic. ybb4850) was selling crabs in an unrefrigerated truck
to this establishment. The owner was told that it is unlawful to serve food
from unapproved sources.
Obtain only commercially legally caught or harvested fish or fish that
is approved for sale or service. This assures that they came from safe
fishing waters. Recreational areas are not closely monitored for illnesses.
Also commercial harvest assures proper temperatures were maintain after
harvest.

3-501.16A2 Critical Fish in the suishi refrigerators were cold
holding at 47 and 55 F.
Cold hold potentially hazardous food at 41ºF or below to inhibit the
growth of harmful bacteria.

Edvardo

After reading the full report - eewwwwww.........

"truebador" > wrote in message
> Atami Sushi (the 25 dollar all you can eat place) was shut down for

serious
> problems. You can read the report at:

http://www.healthspace.ca/Clients/VD...ABF&Count=1000

USA

It's too bad that the nasmes of thhe proprieter(s) aren't listed.
I'd like to see if this was a real Japanese joint or not.

"truebador" > wrote in message
> Atami Sushi (the 25 dollar all you can eat place) was shut down for

serious
> problems. You can read the report at:

http://www.healthspace.ca/Clients/VD...ABF&Count=1000

> You may need to reconstruct the link or go directly to the report at the

VA
> Health department. Also worth reading is the previous report.
>

> The previous report had other horrors like:
>
> 2-401.12 Critical The owner exhibited symptoms of a bad cold
> (excessive coughing and congestion) and is working with exposed food,

clean
> utensils or food service equipment.
> Prevent employees who are experiencing persistent sneezing, coughing
> or a runny nose that causes discharges from the eyes, nose or mouth from
> working with exposed food, clean equipment, utensils, and linens, and
> unwrapped single-service and single-use articles.
>
> 3-201.14 Critical The soft shell crabs being prepared and served

in
> the establishment were not from an approved commercial food source. A man

in
> a white truck (VA lic. ybb4850) was selling crabs in an unrefrigerated

truck
> to this establishment. The owner was told that it is unlawful to serve

food
> from unapproved sources.
> Obtain only commercially legally caught or harvested fish or fish

that
> is approved for sale or service. This assures that they came from safe
> fishing waters. Recreational areas are not closely monitored for

illnesses.
> Also commercial harvest assures proper temperatures were maintain after
> harvest.
>
> 3-501.16A2 Critical Fish in the suishi refrigerators were cold
> holding at 47 and 55 F.
> Cold hold potentially hazardous food at 41ºF or below to inhibit the
> growth of harmful bacteria.

Jim Jones

"USA" > wrote in message >.. .
> It's too bad that the nasmes of thhe proprieter(s) aren't listed.
> I'd like to see if this was a real Japanese joint or not.

I've been out of the area for a while...and it has been even longer
since I've been to this restaurant (like since maybe 1990 or so)...so
I'm not sure I remember it perfectly. However, I can tell you for
sure that it is not Japanese. I want to say that it is Vietnamese,
but serving sushi. However, I could be wrong and it could have been
Korean.

Only ever went once or twice. Never thought the sushi was worth $25
bucks, no matter how much of it I could eat. This was a typical
non-Japanese restaurant serving AYCE sushi. At least is was by order
rather than off a buffet table.

Jim
truebador

Totally wrong.
The place was TOTALLY sushi. There was no vietnamese or korean.

"Jim Jones" > wrote in message
om...

> I've been out of the area for a while...and it has been even longer
> since I've been to this restaurant (like since maybe 1990 or so)...so
> I'm not sure I remember it perfectly. However, I can tell you for
> sure that it is not Japanese. I want to say that it is Vietnamese,
> but serving sushi. However, I could be wrong and it could have been
> Korean.
>
> Only ever went once or twice. Never thought the sushi was worth $25
> bucks, no matter how much of it I could eat. This was a typical
> non-Japanese restaurant serving AYCE sushi. At least is was by order
> rather than off a buffet table.
>
> Jim

Dan Logcher

I believe he was referring to the owners nationality and
not the type of food served..

--
Dan

--