Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default Making Cookies With Cake Mix

Have you ever turned a cake mix into cookies? Did you know it was
possible to make homemade cookies from cake mix? As a mostly from
scratch baker, recipes for cake mix cookies had escaped my attention.
But recently, I began experimenting with them in the name of kitchen
science.
And now I am discovering creative cake mix cookie recipes everywhere I
look. You can make cookies from any mix flavor you choose. The options
are endless. There are hundreds of recipes for bar cookies, drop
cookies, rolled cookies, and shaped cookies from which to choose.
When I mentioned to my mother and grandmother that I was having fun
trying out cookies with a mix, my grandmother said that one of her
neighbors makes all her cookies that way and it was hard to tell them
from scratch.
Why Use Cookie Recipes that start with boxed mix? Are cookies made
from mixes for everyone? Probably not. If you are an experienced baker
who believes in baking only from scratch, they won't be for you.
But, if you love baking shortcuts and the convenience of boxed mixes,
they are worth a closer look.
Cake Mix Cookies are perfect for:

Helping inexperienced bakers build their confidence.
Busy home bakers who like easy cookie recipes with short ingredient
lists and minimal equipment.
Baking with kids since there is less mixing and measuring to do.
When the pantry is bare and/or money is short. You can usually pick up
cake mix on sale for $1 or less.
When you want homemade cookies in a hurry.

Tips for Cookie Baking Success

Read the recipe all the way before beginning to bake and follow the
directions closely.
Don't over mix the cookie dough.
Only drop cookies on cool cookie sheets; never warm.
Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
Don't over bake your cookies. They should be set around the edges, but
still a bit soft on top.
Cool your cookies completely, before storing them so they don't get
soggy.

Some of the delicious cake mix cookies I've discovered so far include
recipes for:

Applesauce Cookies
Banana Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
German Chocolate Cookies
M&M Cookies

http://groups.google.com/group/arcook/

Making smores with cookies Christopher M.[_5_] General Cooking 4 14-05-2014 08:36 PM
Making cookies? KenK General Cooking 50 01-02-2012 01:25 AM
Making cookies from cake mix? Patty Winter General Cooking 2 22-12-2008 05:08 PM
Making cookies from cake mix kmks1 General Cooking 1 07-10-2003 04:27 AM