Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default Todai waste of time.

Last year I signed up on their site thinking I would at least get a
discount coupon or some special. Well, it's just useless ads and a
waste of time. No breaks or discounts at all.
Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 07:15:28 -0800 (PST), James
> wrote:

> Last year I signed up on their site thinking I would at least get a
> discount coupon or some special. Well, it's just useless ads and a
> waste of time. No breaks or discounts at all.

In my view, I wouldn't go to Todai even if they offered me a
substantial discount. I went once and it was terrible. Never again.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Posted to alt.food.sushi

On 2009-02-12 10:19:05 -0800, Ken Blake
> said:

> On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 07:15:28 -0800 (PST), James
> > wrote:
>
>> Last year I signed up on their site thinking I would at least get a
>> discount coupon or some special. Well, it's just useless ads and a
>> waste of time. No breaks or discounts at all.

> In my view, I wouldn't go to Todai even if they offered me a
> substantial discount. I went once and it was terrible. Never again.

I've been twice, and not in 3 years. I thought it was great--but I
wouldn't eat the sushi in any buffet.
--
Dogmatism kills jazz. Iconoclasm kills rock. Rock dulls scissors.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Feb 12, 8:15*am, James > wrote:
> Last year I signed up on their site thinking I would at least get a
> discount coupon or some special. *Well, it's just useless ads and a
> waste of time. *No breaks or discounts at all.

I think they still give you a free meal coupon if you go there on your
birthday. I'm a Todai fan, especially the one in Westminster, near
Gerry. That's my favorite Todai.
Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Feb 12, 8:15*am, James > wrote:
> Last year I signed up on their site thinking I would at least get a
> discount coupon or some special. *Well, it's just useless ads and a
> waste of time. *No breaks or discounts at all.

They used to offer discounts by email, but no more. I think you still
get a free meal voucher if you go on your birthday, but not sure.
Maybe at some places. Used to be you could eat free on your birthday
but you'd have to pay the price of getting surrounded by the Todai
staff singing happy birthday.

I just heard that Todai closed their Manhattan restaurant. I believe
it has turned into a Todai clone, like "Todai HB" in Huntington Beach,
CA.

Member

anyway i dont like to eat in todai,not feel very good
__________________
Marriage is a romance like ally mcbeal dvd
in which the hero dies in the first chapter bones dvd never come back!
Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default OT retention example Todai waste of time.

Anyway, yeah Todai still emails me discounts, but I think they've gone
downhill in quality and quantity, at least the other day when I was
there. What's the best places in Orange Cty.-San Diego for
traditional (as opposed to fusion/fancy rolls) sushi these days?

Posted to alt.food.sushi

Hey, can you still get those great Maine sea urchins up there, or have
they all been fished out and/or shipped to Japan?

You know what you see here in California but no place else in the
country as far as I know? Fresh abalone.
Posted to alt.food.sushi

> Or rather than their going downhill, perhaps your taste is improving
> <gd&r>. As you may remember, I've long thought that Todai was very
> poor.

Nah, I don't think so. I still like decent sushi in copious
quantities, but Todai didn't seem to have the decent stuff any more -
like what they (controversially) called white tuna - and even the semi-
decent stuff was very scarce, the trays being largely empty. I don't
think I'm the only one who's perceived the quality decline.

Isn't it illegal to sell fresh abalone outside of California? You see
it in the fish markets here in CA. Awesome fresh seafood here,
vegetables too.
Posted to alt.food.sushi

> What is their "white tuna": albacore or escolar? There's a big
> difference in their effects on many people's digestions.

Escolar. Anyway it seems to be gone now, along with most of their
other tasty little sushi fishies.

Was funny then about how Republicans waste everybody's time, whatabout now? squirltop General Cooking 0 07-08-2009 07:33 AM
Fried chicken feet - a waste of time and money Food Snob® General Cooking 8 05-06-2009 01:52 AM
Cold stabilization at 37F - Useful or waste of time??? Charles E Winemaking 9 08-12-2005 11:58 AM
My Todai visit James Sushi 26 21-08-2005 01:57 AM
Marinades are a waste of time . . . JaKe Barbecue 23 05-08-2004 03:58 PM