Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default Gout

I'm under a gout attack. Sad to find out that

Foods moderately high in purines include:

salmon
Posted to alt.food.sushi

James > wrote:
> I'm under a gout attack. Sad to find out that
>
> Foods moderately high in purines include:
>
> salmon

Sorry to hear that, James. BTDT ;-(

If you have diabetes, have you been to alt.support.diabetes?

have you checked out URLs such as:

http://www.goutpal.com/foods-that-cause-gout.html

Are you taking Allopurinol or any other electrolyte diuretic?

Take care of those feet, James!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.sushi

On May 20, 2:46*am, Nick Cramer > wrote:
> James > wrote:
> > I'm under a gout attack. *Sad to find out that

> > Foods moderately high in purines include:

> > salmon

> Sorry to hear that, James. BTDT ;-(
>
> If you have diabetes, have you been to alt.support.diabetes?
>
> have you checked out URLs such as:
>
> http://www.goutpal.com/foods-that-cause-gout.html
>
> Are you taking Allopurinol or any other electrolyte diuretic?
>
> Take care of those feet, James!
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War. They
> are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not
> forgotten. Thanks ! ! * * * * * * ~Semper Fi~

I just start taking Allopurinol again.

I've also read that omega 3 as found in salmon helps. So don't know
if salmon is actually good or bad for gout.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James[_1_] View Post
James wrote:
I'm under a gout attack. Sad to find out that

Foods moderately high in purines include:

salmon

Sorry to hear that, James. BTDT ;-(

If you have diabetes, have you been to alt.support.diabetes?

have you checked out URLs such as:

The foods that cause gout are not simply high purine foods

Are you taking Allopurinol or any other electrolyte diuretic?

Take care of those feet, James!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

I just start taking Allopurinol again.

I've also read that omega 3 as found in salmon helps. So don't know
if salmon is actually good or bad for gout.

James, if you are taking allopurinol, it is vital to have uric acid checked regularly. Uric acid must stay below 6mg/dl to get rid of uric acid crystal deposits. Once they are gone, you might be able to reduce allopurinol dosage, but still keep checking uric acid levels. You can do this at home if you like:
Uric Acid monitoring kit | Gout Forum | Gout Pal Interactive

If dosage of allopurinol is correct, you should be able to eat almost anything, so long as you maintain a healthy weight. A few purines from salmon are not going to make much difference if you have allopurinol. Most uric acid comes from your own body as part of cell metabolism - purines from foods are very insignificant, especially if you take uric acid lowering medications.

gout diet sf[_9_] General Cooking 46 07-07-2014 04:43 PM
OT Gout Metspitzer General Cooking 100 08-11-2013 05:33 AM
Does anyone here have gout? Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 53 02-09-2012 11:34 PM
OT Gout Metspitzer General Cooking 121 05-02-2012 02:49 AM
OT Gout Dave S General Cooking 0 22-03-2005 11:50 PM