Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default Lion King roll sauce

had a "lion king roll" recently and would like to make it at home...

it was essentially a california roll with salmon on top of it. the
salmon is seared with a blowtorch and then they put this tasty orange
sauce on top. the orange sauce was very very distantly similar to
outback's blossom sauce. that is the only way i can think to describe
it.

anyone know what this sauce is called or have a recipe for it???

Posted to alt.food.sushi

Andy Kee wrote:
> had a "lion king roll" recently and would like to make it at home...
>
> it was essentially a california roll with salmon on top of it. the
> salmon is seared with a blowtorch and then they put this tasty orange
> sauce on top. the orange sauce was very very distantly similar to
> outback's blossom sauce. that is the only way i can think to describe it.
>
> anyone know what this sauce is called or have a recipe for it???

Why would they call it a Lion King roll? Shouldn't it be a
Brown Bear Roll or something.. unless it had gazelle or zebra
on top.

--
Dan
Posted to alt.food.sushi

Dan Logcher wrote:
> Andy Kee wrote:
>> had a "lion king roll" recently and would like to make it at home...
>>
>> it was essentially a california roll with salmon on top of it. the
>> salmon is seared with a blowtorch and then they put this tasty orange
>> sauce on top. the orange sauce was very very distantly similar to
>> outback's blossom sauce. that is the only way i can think to describe it.
>>
>> anyone know what this sauce is called or have a recipe for it???

> Why would they call it a Lion King roll? Shouldn't it be a
> Brown Bear Roll or something.. unless it had gazelle or zebra
> on top.

;-)

--

><<XX>:> Buddy

Posted to alt.food.sushi
tmo tmo is offline

I haven't eaten at Outback so I'm not familiar with blossom sauce, but
just based on the orange color, could it have been a mix of Japanese
mayonnaise and chili sauce? Japanese mayonnaise is usually a cream-
yellow color so mixed with a chili sauce like sirracha I could see it
being orange and slightly spicy.

I don't think there's a standard recipe when it comes to any of these
rolls (good luck even trying to find a "Lion King Roll" at a sushi
restuarant in Japan) so ingredients and sauces are probably going to
vary from restaurant to restaurant. I remember when I lived in San
Jose one restaurant had "HP Roll", "Cisco Roll" and "Apple Roll"

-tmo

Posted to alt.food.sushi

tmo wrote:

> I haven't eaten at Outback so I'm not familiar with blossom sauce, but
> just based on the orange color, could it have been a mix of Japanese
> mayonnaise and chili sauce? Japanese mayonnaise is usually a cream-
> yellow color so mixed with a chili sauce like sirracha I could see it
> being orange and slightly spicy.
>
> I don't think there's a standard recipe when it comes to any of these
> rolls (good luck even trying to find a "Lion King Roll" at a sushi
> restuarant in Japan) so ingredients and sauces are probably going to
> vary from restaurant to restaurant. I remember when I lived in San
> Jose one restaurant had "HP Roll", "Cisco Roll" and "Apple Roll"

Sweet! A Cisco 6509 Roll with 10Gb sauce.

--
Dan