FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   Anyone tried Domino's CHEESEBURGER PIZZA? (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/59752-anyone-tried-dominos-cheeseburger.html)

papageno 22-04-2005 07:59 PM

Anyone tried Domino's CHEESEBURGER PIZZA?

How did you like it???

Shawn Hearn 01-05-2005 03:33 AM

In article om>,
"papageno" > wrote:

> How did you like it???

No. Domino's regular pizza sucks, so I doubt I would like any of their
enhanced versions. Once or twice a year, my boss at work will buy pizza
for the department (about 100 of us) and it tends to be Domino's pizza
because they're one of the few pizza places who delivers in our area.
Domino's pizza is edible, but its not much better than frozen.

thunder 04-05-2005 01:33 PM

> No. Domino's regular pizza sucks, so I doubt I would like any of their
> enhanced versions. Once or twice a year, my boss at work will buy pizza
> for the department (about 100 of us) and it tends to be Domino's pizza
> because they're one of the few pizza places who delivers in our area.
> Domino's pizza is edible, but its not much better than frozen.

I disagree, Frozen is generally better, Cook it on a pizza stone at home
and most frozen pizza's will smoke anything that Domino's tries to attempt
to call pizza.

gorgall 13-05-2005 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunder

I disagree, Frozen is generally better, Cook it on a pizza stone at home
and most frozen pizza's will smoke anything that Domino's tries to attempt
to call pizza.

Having worked for five years in an independant pizza shop, for an Italian boss, I'd have to say that anyone confusing frozen pizzas with food, has a problem with their taste buds. As for Domino's, the less said the better!

Steve Pope 03-04-2007 07:33 AM

thunder > wrote:

> I disagree, Frozen is generally better, Cook it on a pizza
> stone at home and most frozen pizza's will smoke anything that
> Domino's tries to attempt to call pizza.

It's been awhile since I've had a Domino's, but my recollection
is they use a baking-powder-assist crust and it's not very
gluten-y. (Yes, gluten hasn't always been a cuss word.)

The only frozen pizza's I've bought of late are TJ's and Amy's,
both good so I imagine plenty of other frozen pizzas are also good.

Steve