Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Posted to alt.food.recipes
Duckie ®

Default Chocolate Overdose Cookie Bars

Chocolate Overdose Cookie Bars

I can't count the number of times I've been asked to make these by
family
and co-workers. Everyone comments on how the "filling" tastes like the
filling in a Dairy Cream® ice cream cake. They're a chocoholic's
fantasy
come true.

Ingredients:

1 1-pound pkg. Oreo® cookies
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (I find the mini chips melt better)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch pan. Set aside 6
cookies and
grind the remaining cookies in a food processor (or crush in baggie
with
rolling pin). Mix together cookie crumbs and butter until well
blended.
Press into bottom of pan. Add 1 c. of chocolate chips to sweetened
condensed
milk and vanilla. Melt in microwave, mixing frequently until smooth.
Pour
chocolate mixture over crumb crust. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate
chips
over the top and break remaining 6 cookies into pieces and sprinkle
over the
chocolate chips. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely
before
cutting into bars.

Submitted by: Kimberly Bradley

~~