Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Duckie ®

Default Cornstarch Cookies - Norwegian Butter Cookies

Cornstarch Cookies - Norwegian Butter Cookies

This is my great-grandma's recipe brought over from Gotenberg, Sweden
in
1888. They were originally called Norwegian Butter cookies. I hope you
all
enjoy this recipe, as you can see they have been in our family for
generations!

Ingredients:

2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. cornstarch
1c. powdered sugar
1 and 1/2 c. butter (can use margarine, but better with butter)

Directions:

Combine flour, cornstarch and powdered sugar. Cream butter till
fluffy. Add
to flour mix and beat thoroughly. Refrigerate about an hour. Shape
dough
into bite-sized balls. Place onto ungreased cookie sheets, 1 and 1/2
inches
apart. Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes or until edges are light
brown.

If you try and bite into these cookies they disintegrate and fall
apart.
Hence, the reason they are bite sized. To counteract the problem, my
mom
would frost them with powdered sugar frosting to hold them together.
And
they taste great, too!

Submitted by: Sue Johnson

Cornstarch in cookies? Kalmia General Cooking 10 13-10-2014 01:54 PM
butter cookies DIH General Cooking 2 27-10-2008 04:16 AM
Gourmade Cookies Peanut Butter Blitzers( Cookies) Joshua Berry Recipes (moderated) 0 14-03-2008 02:33 AM
Butter Cookies Dorothy Yereance Recipes (moderated) 0 13-10-2007 04:40 PM
Apple Butter-Peanut Butter Cookies Sandy U. Recipes (moderated) 0 02-10-2006 04:10 AM