Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Location: Florida
Default Cuban Sandwich

Cuban Sandwich

Serves: 2

Here is our favorite grilled sandwich. Americans as well as Cubans love it. It has begun appearing on the menus of trendy restaurants all over.

Ingredients:

1 - Loaf - Cuban Bread or Italian Bread.

2 - Pickles - Small dill pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise.

2 - Slices - Swiss Cheese

4 - Ounces - Sliced roast pork

4 - Ounces - Sliced boiled or baked ham

Yellow mustard (Could be substituted by mayonnaise)

1 - Tablespoon - Butter, melted

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Trim the ends off the loaf and slice the bread in half lengthwise. Spread both cut surfaces with mustard, layer one half with pickle slices, cheese, pork, and ham, cover with the second slice of bread, and cut down the middle into two sandwiches.

2. Place the sandwiches on a lightly oiled baking sheet and brush the tops with butter. Place a heavy cast-iron skillet over both sandwiches to weigh them down, and bake until crisp and hot, about 20 minutes.

Miami Sandwich Variation: For a Miami Sandwich, toast the bread, assemble the sandwich as for a Cuban Sandwich, and add 4 slices fried bacon, 2 large leaves lettuce, and 4 tomato slices, before cutting in two. Do not bake the sandwiches.
__________________
Cuban chef
Visit our website for dozens of Cuban recipes
http://www.ninasgourmet.com
Senior Member

I am searching for this kind of stuff..thanks for share!
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfood View Post
I am searching for this kind of stuff..thanks for share!
Somebody needs to introduce those nice Cubans to Sour Kraut. It makes their sandwich taste much mo betta. Pickles on the side. Hey we could teach em how to cook right if they hang out on here very much.

Cuban Sandwich Jenn Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 25-08-2006 10:55 AM
cuban sandwich grawun General Cooking 21 17-01-2006 04:56 AM
Cuban pork sandwich Duckie ® Recipes 0 03-09-2005 05:13 PM