Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Default Savory canned salmon cheese cake

Hello everybody. I just made this cheese cake for a pot luck today and it was a big hit. The idea came from a salmon dip and a microwaved strawberry cheese cake.

Savory canned salmon cheese cake

Crust:
1 ½ cup bread crumbs
½ stick salted butter
Melt butter in microwave 1 min. Mix with bread crumbs and press on the bottom and around the plate.
Microwave 1 min. Set aside.

Filling:
1 canned Alaska salmon 14 oz
3 (8oz) tubs of cream cheese
2 sticks of mozzallea string cheese
4 large eggs
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper flakes
¼ tsp black pepper
½ tsp safflower (looks like saffron)

Drain and pick out all the skin and bones from the salmon, including the grey part (too fishy).
Use the handblender pure’ everything together (salmon, cheese, milk eggs ans spices). Pour in the pie plate, any left over can be put in a flat corelle bowl.
Microwave for 10 min. Pause every 2 min. The bowl can be cooked for 5 min.
Let cool and refrigerate overnight.
Member

We had the choice of either fried shrimp, steak, or a mix of both, served with a baked potato, steamed veggies, sparking cider, and some sort of desert that I can't remember.