Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

terrymcintire

Default To: Bunny

Bunny,
My goodness, are you saying that you have to type the recipes from Betty
Crocker's Slow Cooker Cookbook? If that is the case, we certainly
appreciate your efforts!

A couple of other thing you touched on:
1. Like Duckie, I use BigOven software to sort and save my recipes. You
are able to import several different data formats. It is a little Geeky
at first, but is terrific when you get it set up.
2. I believe it was Cleo that suggested you copy or drag the recipes
into folders in your mail client. I use Thunderbird which looks much
like Outlook Express, but is much better in my humble opinion. You can
download it free on mozilla.com as well as the Firefox browser (it puts
an end to pop-ups!). For new folders, I put my mail client on 'inbox'
and go to the 'File' at the top and click on 'new' and then 'folder'.
Then you can name the folder whatever you want and have as many as you
want, in order to separate types of cooking or courses or whatever. When
you have time you can then import these recipes into BigOven and make as
many folders in it as you want. Besides my cookbook folders, I have a
"Favorite" folder, a "Try it" folder ect. With BigOven, you needn't be
online to find a recipe you want. It also has a terrific "Find" button
on it that you can use to find recipes with the ingredients you have on
hand. Sorry, I am starting to sound like a commercial, but it is neat
software.

Thank you so much for your posts and I am looking forward all of your
future ones too!

Take Care,
Terry McIntire
~*~ Bunny ~*~

I dll'd Big Oven last night,
havent had a chance to look at it....

What I have been doing with them thus far, is ddragging them in a folder in
the drafts area of Outlook Express called recipes....
as of this morning there are 4100 in there...
but outlook isnt the easiest thing to burn when you are trying to make a
backup of your files....
I want them on disk incase something happens & I have to reformat....

so I have been saving them as txt files to my documents, (and deleteing from
the drafts folder) where they are sorted to Main Dish, Sides, Apps, ect...
It just takes forever! I can find time to save about 200 a day from my
Drafts folder to the inbox.... and of course am getting new ones each day
so it seems I take 1 step forward and 2 steps back....

Im afraid I amy just have to scratch them all and start from fresh....
I WISH there was a way to autosave as text, as they come in....
but then I suppose I would have alot of junk as text files.. LOL

anyhooooo............

thanks......

"terrymcintire" > wrote in message
> Bunny,
> My goodness, are you saying that you have to type the recipes from Betty
> Crocker's Slow Cooker Cookbook? If that is the case, we certainly
> appreciate your efforts!
>
> A couple of other thing you touched on:
> 1. Like Duckie, I use BigOven software to sort and save my recipes. You
> are able to import several different data formats. It is a little Geeky
> at first, but is terrific when you get it set up.
> 2. I believe it was Cleo that suggested you copy or drag the recipes
> into folders in your mail client. I use Thunderbird which looks much
> like Outlook Express, but is much better in my humble opinion. You can
> download it free on mozilla.com as well as the Firefox browser (it puts
> an end to pop-ups!). For new folders, I put my mail client on 'inbox'
> and go to the 'File' at the top and click on 'new' and then 'folder'.
> Then you can name the folder whatever you want and have as many as you
> want, in order to separate types of cooking or courses or whatever. When
> you have time you can then import these recipes into BigOven and make as
> many folders in it as you want. Besides my cookbook folders, I have a
> "Favorite" folder, a "Try it" folder ect. With BigOven, you needn't be
> online to find a recipe you want. It also has a terrific "Find" button
> on it that you can use to find recipes with the ingredients you have on
> hand. Sorry, I am starting to sound like a commercial, but it is neat
> software.
>
> Thank you so much for your posts and I am looking forward all of your
> future ones too!
>
> Take Care,
> Terry McIntire

Chuck R

You are a commercial. And your recipes? Please toasted muffin with an
egg,ham and cheese!! I can get that at Mc Donalds.............

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:26:22 GMT, terrymcintire
> wrote:

>Bunny,
>My goodness, are you saying that you have to type the recipes from Betty
>Crocker's Slow Cooker Cookbook? If that is the case, we certainly
>appreciate your efforts!
>
>A couple of other thing you touched on:
>1. Like Duckie, I use BigOven software to sort and save my recipes. You
>are able to import several different data formats. It is a little Geeky
>at first, but is terrific when you get it set up.
>2. I believe it was Cleo that suggested you copy or drag the recipes
>into folders in your mail client. I use Thunderbird which looks much
>like Outlook Express, but is much better in my humble opinion. You can
>download it free on mozilla.com as well as the Firefox browser (it puts
>an end to pop-ups!). For new folders, I put my mail client on 'inbox'
>and go to the 'File' at the top and click on 'new' and then 'folder'.
>Then you can name the folder whatever you want and have as many as you
>want, in order to separate types of cooking or courses or whatever. When
>you have time you can then import these recipes into BigOven and make as
>many folders in it as you want. Besides my cookbook folders, I have a
>"Favorite" folder, a "Try it" folder ect. With BigOven, you needn't be
>online to find a recipe you want. It also has a terrific "Find" button
>on it that you can use to find recipes with the ingredients you have on
>hand. Sorry, I am starting to sound like a commercial, but it is neat
>software.
>
>Thank you so much for your posts and I am looking forward all of your
>future ones too!
>
>Take Care,
>Terry McIntire

terrymcintire

Chuck R wrote:
> You are a commercial. And your recipes? Please toasted muffin with an
> egg,ham and cheese!! I can get that at Mc Donalds.............
>

> On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:26:22 GMT, terrymcintire
> > wrote:
>

>>Bunny,
>>My goodness, are you saying that you have to type the recipes from Betty
>>Crocker's Slow Cooker Cookbook? If that is the case, we certainly
>>appreciate your efforts!
>>
>>A couple of other thing you touched on:
>>1. Like Duckie, I use BigOven software to sort and save my recipes. You
>>are able to import several different data formats. It is a little Geeky
>>at first, but is terrific when you get it set up.
>>2. I believe it was Cleo that suggested you copy or drag the recipes
>>into folders in your mail client. I use Thunderbird which looks much
>>like Outlook Express, but is much better in my humble opinion. You can
>>download it free on mozilla.com as well as the Firefox browser (it puts
>>an end to pop-ups!). For new folders, I put my mail client on 'inbox'
>>and go to the 'File' at the top and click on 'new' and then 'folder'.
>>Then you can name the folder whatever you want and have as many as you
>>want, in order to separate types of cooking or courses or whatever. When
>>you have time you can then import these recipes into BigOven and make as
>>many folders in it as you want. Besides my cookbook folders, I have a
>>"Favorite" folder, a "Try it" folder ect. With BigOven, you needn't be
>>online to find a recipe you want. It also has a terrific "Find" button
>>on it that you can use to find recipes with the ingredients you have on
>>hand. Sorry, I am starting to sound like a commercial, but it is neat
>>software.
>>
>>Thank you so much for your posts and I am looking forward all of your
>>future ones too!
>>
>>Take Care,
>>Terry McIntire

Well Chuck, what can I say? I like the software. So far as my recipes, I
just decided to post alphabetically in a particular cookbook so I could
see where I left off. Perhaps you don't like the cookbook? There will be
others. So far as McDonald's is concerned, I suppose one could eat out
all of the time, but I assumed this forum was for those who liked to
cook or wanted to learn. Sorry if you were offended.
Terry McIntire
terrymcintire

~*~ Bunny ~*~ wrote:
> I dll'd Big Oven last night,
> havent had a chance to look at it....
>
> What I have been doing with them thus far, is ddragging them in a folder in
> the drafts area of Outlook Express called recipes....
> as of this morning there are 4100 in there...
> but outlook isnt the easiest thing to burn when you are trying to make a
> backup of your files....
> I want them on disk incase something happens & I have to reformat....
>
> so I have been saving them as txt files to my documents, (and deleteing from
> the drafts folder) where they are sorted to Main Dish, Sides, Apps, ect...
> It just takes forever! I can find time to save about 200 a day from my
> Drafts folder to the inbox.... and of course am getting new ones each day
> so it seems I take 1 step forward and 2 steps back....
>
> Im afraid I amy just have to scratch them all and start from fresh....
> I WISH there was a way to autosave as text, as they come in....
> but then I suppose I would have alot of junk as text files.. LOL
>
> anyhooooo............
>
> thanks......
>

> "terrymcintire" > wrote in message
>
>>Bunny,
>>My goodness, are you saying that you have to type the recipes from Betty
>>Crocker's Slow Cooker Cookbook? If that is the case, we certainly
>>appreciate your efforts!
>>
>>A couple of other thing you touched on:
>>1. Like Duckie, I use BigOven software to sort and save my recipes. You
>>are able to import several different data formats. It is a little Geeky
>>at first, but is terrific when you get it set up.
>>2. I believe it was Cleo that suggested you copy or drag the recipes
>>into folders in your mail client. I use Thunderbird which looks much
>>like Outlook Express, but is much better in my humble opinion. You can
>>download it free on mozilla.com as well as the Firefox browser (it puts
>>an end to pop-ups!). For new folders, I put my mail client on 'inbox'
>>and go to the 'File' at the top and click on 'new' and then 'folder'.
>>Then you can name the folder whatever you want and have as many as you
>>want, in order to separate types of cooking or courses or whatever. When
>>you have time you can then import these recipes into BigOven and make as
>>many folders in it as you want. Besides my cookbook folders, I have a
>>"Favorite" folder, a "Try it" folder ect. With BigOven, you needn't be
>>online to find a recipe you want. It also has a terrific "Find" button
>>on it that you can use to find recipes with the ingredients you have on
>>hand. Sorry, I am starting to sound like a commercial, but it is neat
>>software.
>>
>>Thank you so much for your posts and I am looking forward all of your
>>future ones too!
>>
>>Take Care,
>>Terry McIntire

Yep, I think there is really no easy way to do it. It's all sort of a
pain until you get it done.
Terry McIntire

Chuck R

Terry:
Didn't mean to come on so strong, as for McDonalds haven't
been there in years and don't plan on ever going back. I may have been
premarure in replying to you but the recipes you posted were basic..

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 15:37:16 GMT, terrymcintire
> wrote:

>Chuck R wrote:
>> You are a commercial. And your recipes? Please toasted muffin with an
>> egg,ham and cheese!! I can get that at Mc Donalds.............
>>

>> On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:26:22 GMT, terrymcintire
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>Bunny,
>>>My goodness, are you saying that you have to type the recipes from Betty
>>>Crocker's Slow Cooker Cookbook? If that is the case, we certainly
>>>appreciate your efforts!
>>>
>>>A couple of other thing you touched on:
>>>1. Like Duckie, I use BigOven software to sort and save my recipes. You
>>>are able to import several different data formats. It is a little Geeky
>>>at first, but is terrific when you get it set up.
>>>2. I believe it was Cleo that suggested you copy or drag the recipes
>>>into folders in your mail client. I use Thunderbird which looks much
>>>like Outlook Express, but is much better in my humble opinion. You can
>>>download it free on mozilla.com as well as the Firefox browser (it puts
>>>an end to pop-ups!). For new folders, I put my mail client on 'inbox'
>>>and go to the 'File' at the top and click on 'new' and then 'folder'.
>>>Then you can name the folder whatever you want and have as many as you
>>>want, in order to separate types of cooking or courses or whatever. When
>>>you have time you can then import these recipes into BigOven and make as
>>>many folders in it as you want. Besides my cookbook folders, I have a
>>>"Favorite" folder, a "Try it" folder ect. With BigOven, you needn't be
>>>online to find a recipe you want. It also has a terrific "Find" button
>>>on it that you can use to find recipes with the ingredients you have on
>>>hand. Sorry, I am starting to sound like a commercial, but it is neat
>>>software.
>>>
>>>Thank you so much for your posts and I am looking forward all of your
>>>future ones too!
>>>
>>>Take Care,
>>>Terry McIntire

>Well Chuck, what can I say? I like the software. So far as my recipes, I
>just decided to post alphabetically in a particular cookbook so I could
>see where I left off. Perhaps you don't like the cookbook? There will be
>others. So far as McDonald's is concerned, I suppose one could eat out
>all of the time, but I assumed this forum was for those who liked to
>cook or wanted to learn. Sorry if you were offended.
>Terry McIntire

terrymcintire

Chuck R wrote:
> Terry:
> Didn't mean to come on so strong, as for McDonalds haven't
> been there in years and don't plan on ever going back. I may have been
> premarure in replying to you but the recipes you posted were basic..
>
> On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 15:37:16 GMT, terrymcintire
> > wrote:
>

>>Chuck R wrote:
>>
>>>You are a commercial. And your recipes? Please toasted muffin with an
>>>egg,ham and cheese!! I can get that at Mc Donalds.............

>>Well Chuck, what can I say? I like the software. So far as my recipes, I
>>just decided to post alphabetically in a particular cookbook so I could
>>see where I left off. Perhaps you don't like the cookbook? There will be
>>others. So far as McDonald's is concerned, I suppose one could eat out
>>all of the time, but I assumed this forum was for those who liked to
>>cook or wanted to learn. Sorry if you were offended.
>>Terry McIntire

Chuck,
Gotcha. I started with a lowfat cook book. I'll try another.
Terry
Julia Weisheitel

~*~ Bunny ~*~ wrote:
> I dll'd Big Oven last night,
> havent had a chance to look at it....
>
> What I have been doing with them thus far, is ddragging them in a
> folder in the drafts area of Outlook Express called recipes....
> as of this morning there are 4100 in there...
> but outlook isnt the easiest thing to burn when you are trying to
> make a backup of your files....
> I want them on disk incase something happens & I have to

reformat....

you can easily export whole folders with outlook express and save them
to whatever media you want. in case you need to restore them, oe can
do that as well

julia

Julia Weisheitel

~*~ Bunny ~*~ wrote:
> I dll'd Big Oven last night,
> havent had a chance to look at it....
>
> What I have been doing with them thus far, is ddragging them in a
> folder in the drafts area of Outlook Express called recipes....
> as of this morning there are 4100 in there...
> but outlook isnt the easiest thing to burn when you are trying to
> make a backup of your files....
> I want them on disk incase something happens & I have to

reformat....

you can easily export whole folders with outlook express and save them
to whatever media you want. in case you need to restore them, oe can
do that as well

julia

[TN] Wine with bunny Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 8 20-05-2009 12:09 AM
Fat bunny Frederick Shorts General Cooking 0 11-03-2004 06:17 AM
Fat bunny Frederick Shorts Barbecue 0 11-03-2004 06:17 AM
Fireplace bunny! Shan General Cooking 4 01-12-2003 06:39 AM