Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Default Cream Sugar Squares

Here's a recipe my grandmother used to cook every now and then when I was a kid. This is a fairly easy recipe, but it is a MUST TRY:

Cream Sugar Squares

You will need:

* 2 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 cup heavy cream
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 4 tablespoon butter
* 1 3/4 cup icing sugar
* 3 tablespoon corn syrup

Directions:

1. In a medium sauce pan mix all the ingredients except icing sugar. Bring to a boil at medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and stir in the icing sugar.
3. Whip in a mixer for 3 minutes.
4. Spread the mixture in a 9 inch square baking pan and cool down in the refrigerator for an hour.
5. Cut the dessert in 1 inch squares.

Source: Easy Comfort Foods - Comfort Recipes
Experienced Member

Cream and sugar immediately made me think of coffee. This sounds very rich and really yummy. I'm thinking Cream Sugar Squares would go perfectly with a rich cup of Kona coffee as a really luxurious dessert to serve to guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrowen View Post