Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Duckie ®

Default Beer Butt Chicken!

Beer Butt Chicken!

You've heard of it, well now you actually see the recipe. I've
actually made a version of this recipe, but I coated the outside of
the bird with a little olive oil to keep the skin moist.

Ingredients:

One whole chicken
One can beer
Salt and pepper
Garlic powder to taste.

Preparation:

Wash and pat dry chicken. Season chicken inside and out. Open the can
of beer. Have a couple sips of beer and place chicken over beer can.

Cooking Instructions:

Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Place the "Stuffed" chicken on the
grill and arrange the legs to hold chicken upright, and close lid.

(Note: this recipe works best on a charcoal kettle grill using
indirect heat.)

Cook for approximately 1 hour. Remove can and let stand 5 minutes
before carving.
Serves: 2 -3

Contributed by: Jay to http://www.smartchicken.com

Mike

i make the same thing but i use a different spice mixtu
2 1/2 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp dried time

Rub mixture onto the chicken and place in a bag and put back into fridge
overnight and then cook the way the recipe tells you. Another name I have
for the chicken is called Kick-Ass Chicken as it is nice and spicy.

Cheers
Mike