Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Patricia D. Hill

Default REQUESTS from Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Fudge
Blueberry Cheese Cake
Martha Stewart fesenjan & sour cherry rice pilaf
Chocolate Covered Cherry Hot Cocoa Mix
Making Colored Powdered sugar
Hearty Fall soups
Korean Appetizers
Ginger Apple Fizz
Prince of Wales Cake
Grilled Pineapple Rings with Curried Sweet Potato Filling
Welsh Saffron Bread

~~~~~~~~~

Subject: Recipes for Fudge
Date: 12 Nov 2003 06:09:51 -0800

Do you have a receipe for fudge?

~~~~~~~~~

Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:46:08 -0500
From: Mark Hill >
Subject: Blueberry Cheese Cake

Mom used to make these for my birthday every year, and I loved em!
They had whole fruit pieces in the fruit layer, and the whole thing must
have been 2 inches tall. I know she used a square metal baking pan to
'chill' because I would always confiscate the rounded corner sections
(hehe)
Thanks much

~~~~~~~~~

From: Kate Connally >
Subject: Wanted: fesenjan & sour cherry rice from Martha Stewart show
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:48:16 -0500

Did anyone see the Martha Stewart show a couple of months
ago where her hairdresser, who is Persian, was on the
show and made fesenjan and a sour cherry rice pilaf?
I meant to save the show on tape and later copy down the
recipe but I must have accidentally taped over it and
now I don't have it. If anyone got that recipe I'd
really appreciate having it.
Thanks,
Kate
--
Kate Connally

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Ellen Carter" >
Subject: Chocolate Covered Cherry Hot Cocoa Mix
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:49:29 -0600

Do any of you know of a homemade hot cocoa mix that tastes like chocolate
covered cherries? I've had some of the store bought kind (can't remember
the brand, I got it in a little gold box at WalMart with 4 packs of the
mix
in it...they also have an English Toffee flavor)...
TIA
Ellen

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Duffy" >
Subject: Making Colored Powdered sugar?
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 19:24:55 -0800

Anyone know how you can color powdered sugar? Thinking of red and green on
Christmas cookies.

~~~~~~~~~

From: >
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:51:15 -0700
Subject: Hearty Fall soups

I am looking for a recipe for a hearty fall soup. Something whioch is
warming
and tasty.

~~~~~~~~~

From: >
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:28:32 -0700
Subject: Korean Appetizers

I would like to know a recipe for Korean appetizers to serve aty a party.
thanks
so much.

~~~~~~~~~

From: Mary Best >
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 2003 22:50:23 -0500
Subject: Ginger Apple Fizz

I am looking for a Ginger Apple Fizz recipe I used to have that was very
yummy but I can't find it anymore... anyone who
can help? Thanks

~~~~~~~~~

From: "No Spam" >
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:58:56 +1000
Subject: Prince of Wales Cake.

I would like any recipes for Prince of Wales Cake, please.

~~~~~~~~~

From: Marta >
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 19:51:12 -0500
Subject: Grilled Pineapple Rings with Curried Sweet Potato Filling

I know this might be a long shot, but I'll try anyway. This was served to
me.
First there was a slice of grilled pineapple ring. In the center of the
ring was
a mound of curried sweet potato. This was so delicious!

~~~~~~~~~

From:
(Ed Deacon)
Date: 13 Nov 2003 00:22:03 GMT
Subject: Welsh Saffron Bread

I'm looking for two recipes my grandmother used to make -- two that
somehow
didn't make it into the family files. My father remembers them as fairly
common in the northern PA region he grew up in. The first is Welsh-style
saffron bread. Help would be appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~
Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow two to five days for your
submission to appear.

Requests Moderator Betty E. Kohler
Lead Moderator Patricia Hill
Recipes, requests, questions and comments: