Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Default Sweet Potato Casserole with Praline Topping

Another Thanksgiving Dessert that I PERSONALLY have made

I made this dish for Thanksgiving and it really should have been put on
the
dessert table. It is to DIE FOR! It definitely qualifies as a dessert.

Sweet Potato Casserole with Praline Topping

3 large eggs
6 cups canned sweet potatoes-drained and mashed. The recipe didn't state
whether to drain and measure and THEN mash, or what, so I drained them,
mashed
them and then measured them. It ended up being two of those large
cans....I
think 40 oz. maybe
2/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup melted margarine
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2/3 cup brown sugar.

Beat eggs in bowl. Stir in potatoes until blended. Add remaining
ingredients. Mix well. Spread in greased shallow 2 quart baking dish.
I used a larger dish and it took up all the space.

Praline Topping

1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1/3 cup margarine cut into small pieces.

Mix sugar, flour and nuts in bowl. Work in margarine with hands until
well blended. I used a pastry cutter. Sprinkle evenly over potato
mixture. Bake at 350: F. for 60-70 minutes until topping is brown. I
check it at 45 minutes and usually cover it loosely with foil at that time
so that the topping does not burn, since it does do easily. It took almost
75 minutes in my oven. Jodi

My little newsletter of recipes, crafts, inspirations, etc.

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at
.