Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.food.recipes

Default Hills of Tennessee Old Fashioned Baked Chicken

Hills of Tennessee Old Fashioned Baked Chicken

purchased from Lowery Estate in Arlington, Texas. This is another
tried and true recipe and a dish that I serve at least once per month. I
typed the recipe as is, but wanted to share with you that I sprinkle blue
cheese over this right before I remove from oven. Yummy

2 broiler chickens, cut in pieces
6 medium white potatoes, peeled and cubed
8 slices of bacon
2 large white onions, chopped
6 large carrots, cubed

In a heavy duty skillet place a small amount of vegetable oil and
brown chicken on all sides. Layer the potatoes, carrots and chopped
onions on top of the chicken and lay the bacon strips close together
on top of the vegetables. Cover pot and bake at 350 for 1-1/2
hours. Remove lid from pot and bake an additional 15 minutes.

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives:

Old-fashioned baked Macaroni And Cheese Mom2SamTiny[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 29-05-2007 05:55 PM
Shoddy Fish Market FOREST HILLS FISHERY 71-64 Austin St. Forest Hills, NY [email protected] General Cooking 8 22-08-2006 11:43 PM
Old Fashioned Navy Baked Beans Duckie ® Recipes 0 07-03-2005 12:07 PM
Old-Fashioned Chicken Pot Pie 7Hawks Recipes 0 24-11-2004 05:43 PM
Old-Fashioned Baked Lima Beans Thomas Shunick Recipes (moderated) 0 20-06-2004 12:27 AM