Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

lindatn

Default Chicken Tetrazzini

Request From: "Weddle Kathy" >
I hope someone can provide me with a recipe for chicken tetrazini which is
made from scratch. I had one which used cream of chicken soup but I need a
different version. Thanks

Chicken Tetrazzini

Serving Size : 8

Step One
6 Pounds Chicken, Whole -- cut up fryers
1 Large Onion -- chopped
1/3 pound Celery -- sliced
1 1/3 cups Carrots -- sliced
1/3 tablespoon Salt
1 Whole Bay Leaf
3 Cloves Garlic -- minced
1 quart Water

Step Two
Roux -- as needed

Step Three
1/2 pound Mushrooms

Step Four
1 Dash Tabasco Sauce
2 Tablespoons Sherry
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream

Step Five
1 1/3 pounds Cooked Spaghetti
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese -- grated

Combine all ingredients in step one and simmer 3 hours. Remove chicken and
bone. Hold aside. Skim stock. Thicken stock with roux. Hold aside
saute mushrooms. Combine stock, chicken and mushrooms in pot, and simmer.
Whip ingredients in step four together lightly and add to stock. Simmer 10
min and hold while cooking spaghetti. Cook spaghetti. Alternate layers
of spaghetti and chicken, spaghetti and chicken, sprinkling each layer
with parmesan cheese, in a buttered hotel pan. Sprinkle top with parmesan
cheese and bake in hot oven to brown top.

Linda

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D. Hill at .
Archives:

Chicken Tetrazzini Pat Shipp Recipes (moderated) 0 27-11-2007 06:42 PM
Chicken Tetrazzini Carolyn Ranker Recipes (moderated) 0 28-09-2007 03:48 AM
Chicken Tetrazzini for 50 Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 23-09-2007 06:42 PM
Chicken Tetrazzini Duckie ® Recipes 0 07-03-2005 12:37 PM
Chicken Tetrazzini grossbea Recipes (moderated) 0 04-03-2005 05:21 AM