Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Old Magic1

Default Starbucks Frappuccino Clone

> From:
> Anyone has a good clone of the Starbucks Vanilla Frappuccino recipe? I
> see a lot of good recipes about their Mocha frappuchino's here, but I'm
> not a coffee drinker however!

Starbucks Frappuccino Clone

This is a clone for Starbucks Frappuccino. "NOTES" tell you how to clone
espresso with a standard drip machine and ground coffee.

1/2 cup fresh espresso
2 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon dry pectin*

Combine all of the ingredients in a pitcher or covered container.
Stir or shake until sugar is dissolved.
Chill and serve cold.
Makes 24 ounces.

Variations :

To make Starbucks Vanilla Frappuccino Clone, add Vanilla Syrup, to taste.
Experiment to get the right taste you prefer.

Vanilla Syrup

Can be used in coffee, yogurt or over ice cream.
2 cups water
2 cups sugar
2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract

In medium saucepan over medium high heat, bring water and sugar to a boil.
Cook until mixture thickens slightly, about three minutes.
Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and let cool to room temperature.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Makes : 2 cups of syrup

To make the "Mocha" variety:
Add a pinch (1/16 teaspoon) of cocoa powder to the mixture before
combining.

NOTES :
To fake espresso with a drip coffee maker and standard grind of coffee:
Use 1/3 cup ground coffee and 1 cup of water.
Brew once then run coffee through machine again, same grounds.
Makes about 1/2 cup fresh espresso to use in the above recipe.
Run a pot of water through machine, without grounds, to clean.

*This is a natural thickener found in fruits that is used for canning. You
can find it in the supermarket near the canning supplies. It is used in
this
recipe to make the drink thicker and creamier, and can be found in the
original recipe. It does not add to the flavor and can be excluded if you
don't care so much about duplicating the texture of the real thing.
--
Old Magic 1

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D. Hill at
.